PDA

View Full Version : something similar to original radio?

predrag1
11-17-2007, 11:40 AM
was looking at this, did some search on the forum and from what I understood this actually doesn't work in 202s even tho it says t does

anyone tried it and does anyone else know any other similar CD players

http://autoteile-ersatzeile-autozubehoer.vivastreet.at/autoteile-ersatzteile/indash-radio-from-mercedes-audio

xvvvz
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Just curious, in what way doesn't it work? I could see how it wouldn't work if you had a Bose setup that you were trying to hook it up to. Or maybe communication problem with the in-trunk CD player?

predrag1
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I dunno i read some posts from other members, didn't really understand what was going on, trying to put this into a 94

adamsry
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
This will only work in the 98 + Face Lift models it uses a revised power and speaker plug on the rear. This has an optical can bus interface that will work with the bose amp on newer models. I think it might require that the vehicle once be installed to have the can system re-setup to use the head unit correctly with integrated phone and cd units.

adamsry
11-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Have you considered the Nakamichi cd 400 it has the same amber look and would be the closest after market solution that would aesthetically match the interior.

http://www.analogstereo.com/images/deck/cd400_main.jpg

money-one
11-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I had that exact radio (Audio 10) in my car but replaced it for an after market alpine unit. The CAN hook-up was not utilized on mine and I was still able to use the factory amp along with a second one for my sub. I actually still have the radio somewhere.

emann34
11-19-2007, 09:07 AM
200 Euros????? Get yourself a nice Alpine unit with red lighting or the Nakamichi with Amber lighting. I have a Kenwood X689 with blue lighting (dimmed) and it looks good too.

Denlasoul
11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Nakamichi MB-VI is also a good alternative. 6 disc in dash with illumination that matches dash lights.