PDA

View Full Version : What is the white/ semi clear vacuum line?

Chris_c200
11-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey guys ive got a vacuum leak causing my vacuum pump in the boot too buzz on and off for about 5 minutes. Anyway, ive discovered that the leak is coming from the white/ semi clear line. This line is next to the yellow one on my vacuum pump. Does anybody know where this line goes? or what its for?

Thanks in advance.

Sepehr
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
The clear line is used to open/lock the doors, trunk, gas tank cover, or it is used for the multi-contour seats (if you have that option).

See if any of those lags or does not lock/unluck completely when you press the lock button. A few months back my gas tank cover would lag a little whenever I would lock my car and then it magically fixed itself over time.

adamsry
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
The previous response is a bad thread. the Yellow lines controls all the door locking functions. The clear line connects to a vacuum control module under the hood. This a Vacuum distribution block that controls other vacuum related components in the car. The other end of that line ties in to this connection on the rear passenger side of the vehicle under the hood ( US models). There is a plastic panel that can be removed and all vacuum lines attach there. Typically you can replace this vacuum distribution block and solve numerous issues with the car depending on the year ( AC VENTS< TRANNIE<LUMBAR SEAT etc etc)

Chris_c200
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
My tranny doesnt engage into reverse properly... COULD this just be the reason why?

Or am i stuffed and need a tranny rebuild :D

adamsry
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I think the only trannies that are vacuum driven are the 4 speed autos but i could be wrong.

Chris_c200
12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Mine is a four speed auto because Its a 1994. The reason I ask about what this vacuum line is, is because I have a constant buzzing from the boot which is the vacuum pump vibrating - Which tells me there is a leak some where. This leak is coming from the White vacuum line. I think the leak may be int he actuator - which is in the dash behind the passenger air bag. Or could the leak be related to me transmission?

:confused:

adamsry
12-06-2007, 04:58 AM
In the boot you have the vacuum pump that has a clear line and a yellow line each of the yellow lines connect to the door locks in the car. The clear line connects to the vacuum distribution block under the hood of the car located in the rear left under a plastic panel. At this point the vacuum pump and engine vacuum are merged and typically the engine vacuum takes over once the car is started, the pump is purely supplemental.

~~~~~From this point down is Speculative Im Not 100 % Sure About This!!~~~~~

At the distribution block under the hood there is a gray line attached which supplies the engine vacuums this is attached to the engine intake manifold i believe. There is a Green Line this connects to the vacuum module under the dash behind the air bag ?? I believe The Clear semi opaque line connects as a supplement vacuum and the gray/black striped line connects to the trannie ..??

Can any one clarify this ?