PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Beau M
11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
The wife has been driving our 202 for the last few years. Its been doing well, but while back she smacked a curb real good. Snapped a sway bar bracket, which I replaced. But, it started shaking at highway speed, so i took it in for an alignment. Les Schwab said the inner tie rods were the culprit, but the couldn't align it anyway and take it to the dealer. I was gonna replace them myself, and got the whole drag link from autohaus. I also got a new steering stabilizer. Anyway, I chickened out on putting the drag link on myself, as I would still need to have it aligned and it it is only 2 more bolts for the alignment tech to put it on. The car goes into the dealership Friday (Phil Smart on Airport) for the work to be done. Im sure they are gonna have a laundry list of things that are messed up, but wish me luck. I just have this gut feeling this might get spendy.

C280_Spawrt
11-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Good Luck, and yes, they will find more things wrong with the car.

69chevelle
11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Same thing happened to me a while back. The curb I hit was black from tire marks so I couldn't see it.
Stealership replaced almost the whole front end steering. They got me for $2,300

predrag1
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
my brother hit a curb really hard once, bent his front wheel a lil, he felt some vibrations in the front left wheel, turned out his bushings ot fucked

Beau M
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
And the winner is..... broken control arm bushings! Gonna cost about 1k, but that includes an alignment and install of the new drag link. I guess its not too bad, but damn.