PDA

View Full Version : Can the transmission be drained completly on a 99 C43 AMG

kowalski
11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone I wonder if the stealership drains all complete oil in the transmission when changing it on a 99 C43 AMG or is it only 4 qt. out of 12 qt.?

how much is is 4 qt in liter=?

is the trans converter plugged on a 99 trans or is it possible to take all oil out?

do they always reset the counter inside the trans?

were later models with tiptronic transmission plugged in the converter?

thanx :cool:

jnolte
11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
you must drain the tourque converter sepretly

kowalski
11-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
you must drain the tourque converter sepretly

Hey mr, don't they drain it when they change the oil in the whole complete trans=?

tourqe converter doesn't it include in the price when they drain the trans and then reefill it with new blood

when the mechanic drains the trans then it should be a complete drain right!

thanx for responding:p

jnolte
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by kowalski
Hey mr, don't they drain it when they change the oil in the whole complete trans=?

tourqe converter doesn't it include in the price when they drain the trans and then reefill it with new blood

when the mechanic drains the trans then it should be a complete drain right!

thanx for responding:p

i woud assume they would, but how many quarts you pay for

speedybenz
11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
4 qt's equals 3.78 liters.

If you change your own oil which is very easy on the W202 then you can also replace the trans fluid too.

I follow a simple routine when I change the oil i also change out 3 to 4 quarts of trans fluid. I use Mobil 1 ATF syn.

All it takes is to jack up one side of the car alittle and slide under and use a 6mm hex socket to take out the trans oil plug and then let it drain out into a pan.

If you use a clear container to drain your oil into, you can calibrate it by setting it on a level surface and then pouring a qt of water into the container and then marking where the top of the water is on the container with a sharpie. Then add another qt and mark where the surface of the 2nd qt is stable and then repeat this procedure for another 6 to 8 qts or until the containere is fully marked.

With a clear calibrated container then you know exactly how much trans fliud or engine oil came out of the engine and then how much oil needs to go back in. This is very helpful when changing the trans fluid.

Jeff