PDA

View Full Version : Help

aquanote
11-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Guys, i have some question. My car won't start after put the key into the ignition. I'm afraid that the control module broke. My question is that beside control module what would be the other possibility that my car won't start. And do you guys know where to find used control module and would it be match with the car in indonesia. Please advise

Proven Guilty
11-23-2007, 10:52 PM
try shifting from park, and back to park. put your foot on the brake as well.

do you hear the electronic solonoid engage when you insert your key to unlock the ignition?

RemoLexi
11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
nuetral safety switch ? try starting the car while its in Nuetral.

my car decides to do that every blue moon, ill turn the key, all the dash lights go on and when I try starting its like theres no starter feed. couple tries and it fires no problem!

stox
11-24-2007, 06:58 PM
As already suggested, try starting the car in neutral instead of park. If that works, it is your neutral safety switch. Also try locking, and unlocking the driver's door with the key. If that works, chances are the battery in your key fob needs to be replaced.

aquanote
11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
try shifting from park, and back to park. put your foot on the brake as well.

do you hear the electronic solonoid engage when you insert your key to unlock the ignition?
I haven't try to do the 1st step of your idea. But there is a sound of solonoid engage when i insert the key

aquanote
11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by stox
As already suggested, try starting the car in neutral instead of park. If that works, it is your neutral safety switch. Also try locking, and unlocking the driver's door with the key. If that works, chances are the battery in your key fob needs to be replaced.

Well last time i try to start the car from neutral and it just won't worked.