PDA

View Full Version : Helppp

aquanote
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Guys,

i have a problem with my car. Suddently it won't start. I called the 24 hr roadside assistance and they said that there is no electricity current at my engine bay. Could you guys help me if its the control module located below tha window washer box or is it just the fuse or else. Help me please because the control module price like $3500 here in indonesia.

Cru328prod
11-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Well did you run threw any water?
when you put the key in the car and turn it, do you hear a buzzzing/humming sound coming from the engine?
Did you try putting a spare key in?
hmmm Try disconnecting the battery for a few hours and try to reset everything?
If all still doesn't work.....try going threw all your fuses and relays.
if all of that doesn't work.......get your alternator, and battery tested......lol im just trying to shoot to ya some DIY'ers

RemoLexi
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
well, tell us more exactly what the car does, do you get all the cluster light on? does it turn over at least ? or is it complete silence/nothing?

aquanote
11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
well, tell us more exactly what the car does, do you get all the cluster light on? does it turn over at least ? or is it complete silence/nothing?

Well, when i put in my ignition key the cluster light is on and its turn over. It give me the sound as if the car will start but it just won't start. Damn the stealer called me that i need to change my control unit. what the heck man because it cost me around $ 4500 plus tax.

aquanote
11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
Well did you run threw any water?
when you put the key in the car and turn it, do you hear a buzzzing/humming sound coming from the engine?
Did you try putting a spare key in?
hmmm Try disconnecting the battery for a few hours and try to reset everything?
If all still doesn't work.....try going threw all your fuses and relays.
if all of that doesn't work.......get your alternator, and battery tested......lol im just trying to shoot to ya some DIY'ers

I didn't run threw any water....yes it has a humming sound coming from the engine. I didn't try to put in putting spare key in because i don;t have spare key. All the fuses and relay is working i already check. What the heck is happening with my car. Stealer quote me $4500 for control unit.

Cru328prod
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
lmao you should get a spare....try disconnecting the battery for a while 6 - 8 hrs and connect it back and see what happens......might have a bad key

xvvvz
11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Have you checked the basics like the battery wires where they terminate on the battery as well as the other other ends where they terminate on the engine/body for tightness and corrosion? Have you checked the regulator found on the back of the alternator?

Just some quick thoughts.

OzC36
11-26-2007, 04:14 AM
IMHO, I suspect a bad crank position sensor or a bad high tension ignition wire connection or a bad coil.

aquanote
11-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Guys, i have check everything through with the mechanic and it seem that the ignition control module is broken and i'm trying to service it right now. Thank's for your help and let see in a week of the update news. By any chance, anybody know how much is used ignition module cost.

xvvvz
11-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I think the point people are trying to make is that if you read a lot of the newsgroups you will find that even the experts misdiagnose things. When it comes to a $4500 repair bill, you need to first make sure you/they have checked the basics and then also shop around for second opinions, prices and other options. You will find lots of stories here where people have found the repair estimates they were given are totally out of the ballpark.

Have you looked into a remanufactured unit or having your unit rebuilt? Installation is not that hard but you will need to get a mechanic with the right computer tools to adapt it to your specific car.

RemoLexi
11-26-2007, 09:00 AM
so the EIS control module ?

you must have a newer model with a smart key because the newer models with smart kay have the EIS fail at least one car a week that I see. make sure its not the key either.

but wait didnt you say it wants to turn over ? and does it at least make an atempt to turn over? make sure its not something silly like a dead battery and you go replacing control modules one after another!

Cru328prod
11-26-2007, 10:43 AM
haha thats what i was wondering if it was a key.......i would just order 1....never know when that spare comes in handy, i gave my gf mines......big mistake if anything happens between us, or her mom goes on another rampage......

If the car attempts to start....i don't think its what the tech is telling you........like i said disconnect the battery....it works like a charm in my cuzins c280.....her factory alarm goes off when she starts her car.....red and green lights come on in the mirror.....big mess. I just disconnect the battery for a few mins and it starts right up.