PDA

View Full Version : Installed wood/leather wheel and now SRS light

99C280Sport
11-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I got my wood/leather wheel in today - I used the how to found here

http://202tech.mkosonen.com/howto/steering.html

After I got everything put back together, the SRS came on and is staying on.

I am 100% sure that I reconnected everything just how it was supposed to be, and I was very careful in handling the airbag.

I am gonna check all my fuses, and also clean out my seatbelt buckles, because I've read that this could cause the light to trip.

Any other advice? I really don't want to have to take this to the dealer to get reset.. I've heard that's pretty expensive.

JRE320
11-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Take it to a stealership and it will coz you about $120. or you could reset it by disconnecting your battery ground for about 5 min.

Logic
11-24-2007, 01:45 PM
another way that can cause your light to stay on if the ignition was turned on without the plug being plugged in (airbag) it will cause a error which in most cases is not resettable by you. you will have to take it in and get it done.

99C280Sport
11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Logic
another way that can cause your light to stay on if the ignition was turned on without the plug being plugged in (airbag) it will cause a error which in most cases is not resettable by you. you will have to take it in and get it done.

Damn I bet that is what it was right there... so I guess I'm going to have to bring it in to get it reset... son of a...

c280nz
11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
dont worry i did the same thing.
but i just took it in on a friday afternoon (late) and the merc guys reset it for me for some beers :D
try that out its worth a shot

xvvvz
11-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Has anyone tried the SRS light resetters on Ebay? I have seen posts where some MB people have good luck but others say it only works for certain codes and that apparently there are some hard codes which only the MB Star system can reset.

junklar
11-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I had the same problem when i took off my steering wheel.. The SRS light is not a big deal.. if you dont have a device that plugs into the plug that is located under the hood toward the passenger side you are going to have to take it to your mechanic.. my mechanic did it for free

99C280Sport
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I would take it to my mechanic if I had a mechanic....

I'm gonna be real busy with graduation and a cruise and Christmas in December - so I'll probably get it fixed after the new year.