PDA

View Full Version : ashtray light

lamf
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I NEEED my ashtray light replaced. too many times have i ashed in the little cubby thing. who knows what kinda bulb and how to get it out?

junklar
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
hey lamf,

I had to replace mine as well since the previous owner was a jackass and refused to fix something thats not working..

You have to take out the ashtray, and to do so you take out the frame that is around the gearbox.. and then you remove the panel (the one with the window switches, mirror switch) by prying it out from one side.. it would come right out, but you might need to put the shifter in N to remove the panel... then you need to remove the small cubby thing that is in front of the panel.. that would reveal 2 screws that holds the ashtray.. my car had a cassette holder, i removed this as well and then the ashtray comes out.. to access the lightbulb from what i remember you squeeze the sides and it pops right out.. i bought the light bulb from autozone for about 2 bucks for 2 light bulbs

there is a pictorial explanation of taking it out.. search for zadefaraj and you should find it.. he needed to take it out because of his vacuum problem

hope this helps

lamf
12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
thanks a lot for the info really appreciate it