PDA

View Full Version : U turns are jerky in the front suspension

alphanumeric
12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
It feels like one tire turns sharper and drags the other while doing a U-turn.

yah, it got worse when I did a few 360s in the middle of an intersection while it was raining. My 1st guess is that i need an alignment.. but I just wanted to run it through some of you guys to see if anyone else has the problem.

The car drives straight on the freeway. it pulls left or right very very slightly when I let go of the steering wheel. car has 120k of hard drivin miles since I bought it with 50k miles.

Steering rack is leaky

Suspension was lowerd by me, with cut stock sport springs matched with Bilstien sport shocks.

car is very low and I have inner tire wear.

I have never done an alignment on any of my cars during the 8 years iv been driving. so I have no experience with this sort of stuff so any pointers would be helpful, thanks =)

SLAMMED_C
12-08-2007, 03:35 PM
that is a common trait with lowered w202's.
and id recommend an alignment for sure. if you have severe inner tire wear id say get an alignment and have your camber put more positive. you may need a camber kit to do this. since the degree of alignments angles with a lowered car are too great to get to zero with the stock alignment bolts.
you have a steering box with drag link assembly.. no rack on our cars.
you wont get rid of the complaint you have with turning. but you may make it not feel so harsh.
you will be able to get the front toe adjusted and front camber to help stop wearing tires.