PDA

View Full Version : Engine stalls/bogs at 2k . . .

714guy
09-15-2003, 01:54 PM
alright after parking it in on saturday night, i took it out today monday to go to school and everything sounds good then i gas it and the engine cuts out / bogs / makes a clunking sound when i hit 2500 rpms mark.

so i drive it back into the garage and notice fluids on the floor, seems to be a yellowish and slippery like oil. I have no clue what it is though :confused: then i open the hood and check it out and i have a crack in it piece, it looks like coolant. also my cars been running really hot to like 90 all the time even at night.

My question is can low coolant pressure cause the ECU to stop the car. I also dont have any check engine lights or anything else.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

C280 JR
09-15-2003, 03:44 PM
didnt you just get your car form the shop after waiting a long time...dont you think that this could be their mistake

Elvir

714guy
09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
yep waited two months for paint and secret work. so far had the car for three weeks and been in for repairs for about a week and then detailers for a few days, so i've really only been able to drive the car for like a week.

Once i get everything fixed i hope to take to the track and have some fun. I think most of my repairs now are just regular mantenance since the car is reaching the 92K and i haven't really dont anything for the past 30+ milies i've had.

714guy
09-16-2003, 05:29 PM
UPDATE: so today i replaced the leak with the coolant. but engine still bogs/farts sounds like shit at 2k almost like a rev limiter. Anyways went to the shopp that helped me out last week to get some help. They pinned point the problem without the car there, wow bunch of car guys. Went home and dried out the crank sensor that got wet with coolant from the leak and BAM car runs like a champ.

Next is the flex dics. I was checking it out while i was under the car and it was all fucked up cracked and ready to snap. goin to change it tonight.

till next time

C280 JR
09-17-2003, 06:30 AM
whats a flex disc

Elvir

714guy
09-18-2003, 04:22 PM
i'll show you later tonitgh, i hav pics and all.