PDA

View Full Version : My ac blower is on it's way out on my C43

kowalski
12-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi fellow forum members, My c43 99 is feelin kind of sick,the trouble is the ac blower inside the glove compartment. The digital climate HU. has 7 speed, my blower sounds weird in the middle (the 4th speed), I can hear something rattling inside only at this speed, 1-3 is okey, 5-7 is ok but 4th speed is not okey,could it be a bearig or what? It doesn't have any high pitch noises only some grinding noise!

Is it worth spending money on a new blower if I only hear it in 4th speed or should I wait till when the day comes and it will give me high pitch noises all the time=?

If I buy a new ac blower does it come complete with the resistor=? Or do I have to buy them each item?

Is BEHR THE BEST COMPANY who makes those blowers or does FEBI also make them=?

I tried on the other forums but struck out of luck with no replies so I'd be happy if someone puts their input on this topic. Thanxs:bunny:

OzC36
12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Foreign objects can get sucked into the blower fan. You might be lucky and just remove the debris form it.

Otherwise you can buy a new Behr one at Autohaus or maybe give Ebay a try for a cheaper solution?

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=1pjcnhmjcokgdv55lt1cw5zu&makeid=800016@Mercedes&modelid=1359873@C43&year=1998&cid=24@AC%20%26%20Heat%20-%20Climate%20Control&gid=6916@Blower%20Motor

audiophile
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah i know your pain.
but fortunately for me i took it apart and cleaned the crap out of it ; lubed the bearing front and back, replaced the filter and blows harder than any 202 ive been (seriously). :D
i sprayed some wd-40 in there and my friend held in there while spun the motor with the fan manually, forcefully a few times.
after that i grapped some teflon lube squirted some in the front and back part of the bearing soaked any excess, some extra wont hurt it. and voila!!
put the thing back together and back in the car and see if it works.
for me i got rid of the rattling and it like i said before it blows hard as S$%^:)
good luck

OzC36
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
audiophile,

You have just given me an idea!

Perhaps get a long thin extension tube to attach to the nozzle on a spray can of teflon or silicone lubricant and squirt the blower bearing?

This could save a lot of disassembly. Having done the job the hard way, what do think...is is possible?

xvvvz
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
For fan bearing oil, the Norvey Turbine Lubricating Oil is good stuff. It come in a bottle that has a 14 inch tube extender. I got it at Ace Hardware for $3.00 a bottle. The bottle looks like this (from same company) but I have no idea about this expensive stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/ZOOM-SPOUT-OILER-oz-squeeze-bottle/dp/B000VKS9EI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1197523973&sr=8-4

Maybe Australia has something similar? Go to your hardware store and ask what they have for bearings.

P.S. - Since one bottle will probably last you two lifetimes, another great use for it is to put 1/2 or 1 drop in the oil hole for your fans in your desktop computer once a year (usually under the common round label sticker on one side of the fan blade). Your fan will last longer and run more quiet. Of the five fans inside my PC case, 3 had holes for oiling (the two inside my Antec power supply unfortunately did not). Google for more info. on how to do this.

audiophile
12-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by OzC36
audiophile,

You have just given me an idea!

Perhaps get a long thin extension tube to attach to the nozzle on a spray can of teflon or silicone lubricant and squirt the blower bearing?

This could save a lot of disassembly. Having done the job the hard way, what do think...is is possible?
thats a good idea but i would drop the unit from the housing just to get rid of any debris from the unit and clean any loose dirt particles from the fan.

kowalski
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanx all of you, I'll try to take it out first and clean it up then if it doesn't work I'll have to buy a new one.

Nobody said anything about the resistor does it come complete with a new blower in the box or is it bought separetly?