PDA

View Full Version : I Found Parts Car !!

adamsry
12-19-2007, 04:15 AM
Well the local junk yard here has given me a Jem well almost she obviously had a bad harness, and the front end is Ohh so Charred nice and crispy but interior and rear end all together.

I have started my pillaging by removing the pristine headliner (that was a bitch A, B, C, pillars some smoke damage but the mysterious orange cleaner seems to have eliminated that.

The vehicle has some unusual features it is a 94 c280 with a telescoping steering wheel, Split Folding rear seats and heated seats.

Im seriously considering trying to retro the split folds in the car but the way that they mount im not sure i can transfer in my vehicle.

I have access to a arc welder grinder and some other tools that would be necessary to do this, has any one performed this surgery?

Also i want the telescoping wheel as well can this be easily transferred.

I have also yanked the glass sun roof and replaced that in my vehicle mine is metal.

Fizzle
12-19-2007, 06:03 AM
You lucky $#&*@!, I've been searching every junker in Chicago looking for a W202. I need a driver side door panel, blower motor, and a backseat. But none of them ever have ANY Mercedes. I say strip that thing bare take any and everything that might go wrong on your card just in case.

Kropf
12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Here's a crumpled White '99 C43 in Middletown, Maryland, USA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170179765810

(I'd like the Xenon lights.)

Cru328prod
12-20-2007, 04:00 AM
f*ckkkkkkkkkkkk where was that car when i hydrolocked mines:(

adamsry
12-20-2007, 04:27 AM
The car is a 1994 C280 the exterior color is a champaign gold with parchment tan interior the front seats are probably toast as the windows have been down a while .... and have some crudd on them but hey ... u never know the rear seems to be pretty pristine i snatched the bose amp speakers all but rear door speaker grills and cover panels, headliner a b c pillars sunroof humm miscellaneous screws drivers side door panel. Some one got there before me and got the climate control unit damnit... the rest that is left with any real use is the rear door panels and front passenger door panel, rear split fold seat, rear plastic light housing, some of the wood trim except the center that is all F(#(@* up. Mirriors front left and right side are intact but i don't want or need them. If your interested in some parts hit me up and i will check them out on my next scavenge. Ohh i got the rear vacuum pump and antenna which incidentally the owner had recently replaced =) I will keep this for a JIC situation.

After seeing the car with literally the front half missing from the fire im kinda surprised that mercer-cedes was not forced to recall these harness's it is very obvious to me that this can cause a fatal accident.

Lordkoo
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Kropf
Here's a crumpled White '99 C43 in Middletown, Maryland, USA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170179765810

(I'd like the Xenon lights.)

Car was sold for much less in auction than he listed.