PDA

View Full Version : Got my Bilsein Sports and new drag link installed today

benzboy
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow it drives well now!!

Used to be massive play in the steering, now direct and weighty, really confidence inspiring, I can take my hands off the wheel, even under braking, and it stays in a straight line now!!

These new shocks while a little firmer seem a lot nicer than the old ones, and it seems to corner a bit nicer from what I could tell on the short drive home.

Really worth the money

omeyhomey
12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by benzboy
Wow it drives well now!!

Used to be massive play in the steering, now direct and weighty, really confidence inspiring, I can take my hands off the wheel, even under braking, and it stays in a straight line now!!

These new shocks while a little firmer seem a lot nicer than the old ones, and it seems to corner a bit nicer from what I could tell on the short drive home.

Really worth the money

awesome, what drag links are you talkinga bout? do you have a link?

benzboy
12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
As your know our cars have a steering box, and not a rack and pinion, the drag link is the bit that connects to the box, and contains the inner and outer tie rods (outers can be changed, inners cannot) both my inner and outer ones were shot, so needed a whole new link.

Made a massive difference.

Proven Guilty
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
are you still riding on stock springs? i'm assuming you went with bilstein HDs instead of sports as that is what typical calls for on the C36.

where did you purchase the drag link assembly from, and at what price?

benzboy
12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Stock euro springs (far lower that the springs the US models have) and as per title, Sport Shocks, not HDs...

Drag link was bought locally for $350NZD

Fred Hayward
12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
G/Day , You know you can adjust the play in your steering box !

benzboy
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Steering box is fine, it was the tie rods I replaced, and in order to replace the inner ones you have to replace the entire centre link.

speedybenz
12-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Fred,

How do you adjust the steering box to remove extra play or tighten it back up?

Jeff

omeyhomey
12-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by benzboy
As your know our cars have a steering box, and not a rack and pinion, the drag link is the bit that connects to the box, and contains the inner and outer tie rods (outers can be changed, inners cannot) both my inner and outer ones were shot, so needed a whole new link.

Made a massive difference.

oh so you are saying you installed new OEM ones not aftermarket ones right? for a second i thought you mean there were performance ones out there.