PDA

View Full Version : turbo manifold

c280nz
12-20-2007, 02:31 AM
just a picture for anyone interested of my finished turbo manifold
6>1 for the m104 straight six c280.
this is feeding into a t3/t4 hybrid turbo,
at this stage i am debating heat wraping or not, i shud heat wrap but it looks soo cool as is :cool:
that is made of full thick wall stainless, low carbon content so shouldnt crack or vibrate,
it isnt perfect with equal length pipes but this is due to the space restraints with 6 exhausts and a steering box to deal with.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2512000-2512999/2512660_19_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2512000-2512999/2512660_20_full.jpg

pisit
12-20-2007, 05:19 AM
niceeeee!!
i would not do any heat wrap but would go for ceramic coat if available.
u've got the same problem that Paul and I are facing, should be even worst.
but great to see an sixer turboed :D

RemoLexi
12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
wanna make me one for my 4-cyl ?? lol

Proven Guilty
12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
how much did that set you back? i'm curious if the C36 has the same sized opening of the exhaust ports as the C280 as they may have only changed displacement through larger pistons and longer stroke.

if so, a universal turbo manifold that would fit LH and RH drive cars could be a nice item to have mass produced man :)

and my mass, i mean like 25 replicas, cause thats about the biggest demand i'd ever seen for em. lol

benzboy
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
WOW!!! Nice manifold man!!!!!!

Where did you get it made?

jstrat85
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
looks very nice! keep up the good job!;)

anf6789
12-20-2007, 07:24 PM
DUDE, I WANT ONE

12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Have u ever consider making a mass production. for either 4 or 6 cyl.
what i meant is a complete turbo kit with the turbo, manifold, intercoller with piping, ECU & etc..

and I will definitely buy it from u.

joshm38
12-20-2007, 09:27 PM
make a turbo kit:D

c280nz
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM
cheers for the good feedback.
im sorry but this is a one-off
made by a engineer-fabricator friend of mine.it prolly cost me approx $500USD.
i got the stainless steel flanges laser cut, and i have test fitted the finished product in my car and it fits perfect
(i actually made him up a birds cage style jig so he knew the dimensions to work with)

il fit it to the turbo and in my car soon and post up some pics when thats done,

pisit- are you having high temp issues under your bonnet? and did you ceremic coat yours?

Nitrogenbalance
12-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Look into swaintech's white lightning coating. Its white, lumpy, and isn't the best looking. However, it works amazing and I would challange anyone to find a better performing coating. I've touched two stang headers after a run and the swaintech coating was amazingly cooler than the other cars thermochrome coating. The shiny ceramic coatings are thin and focus on looks a little more than perfomance. I've had many pros with 30x years in the business recomend you never wrap headers if you care about them lasting also.

You can however paint over the swaintech if you chose. My buddy put a mettalic silver high temp over his coated headers and they look really cool. Kinda like bright rough cast alluminum with a little sparkle.

All in all nice work!!

Swaintech has some really interesting heat disapating coatings as well for those parts you want to let heat go. HE, IC, etc....

pisit
12-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by c280nz

pisit- are you having high temp issues under your bonnet? and did you ceremic coat yours?
hi logan,
having lot of heat problem, especially in tropical climate like Thailand. even had a thought of venting the bonnet or making a custom carbon kevlar bonnet:D
unfortunately, there's not ceramic coating here. so heat is still my greatest enemy :(:(

omegabenz
12-22-2007, 02:04 AM
You should have it ceramic coated inside and out. JETHOT 2000 Black or similar coating.

I got Captruff's 16v header jethotted black. I dont know how easy it is for you to get coatings in Australia/NZ, but its worth a try. You would like the result, heat power, etc. The jethot on the inside keeps the heat inside the manafold, which is better for that turbine side.

eta(max) is a function of T(hottest) vs T(coolest).