PDA

View Full Version : Central Lock Reprogram

adamsry
12-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok i just setup a subscription to alldata.com and found an interesting article about the central locks in my 1994 c280, presently the vehicle does not automatically lock the doors in the car ever once you drive the vehicle. Typically when you drive your car once you hit say 10mph or somewhere in there the car doors should lock automatically. Evidently there is a diog mode that will disable this should you be dynoing the car and dont want the doors to lock. Interesting feature .... but needless to say i cant find this article to re enable the auto locking.

I dont have the owners manual and i would suspect that this might be discussed highly un likely just a shot.

From what i recall you place the ignition key into position 2 and then hold the interior lock button for a period of time then open the door but i don't recall. Then it should re enable the auto lock but im not able to achieve this. If any one knows the specific steps to correct this it would be Gr8.

Section 8
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I have a 97c180 preupdate and it doesent do this....but my brothers 98 c180 update model does..so i jsut thaught it was a updated 202 model feature...intresting that its surposed to work on 94 models

anf6789
12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
my 1994 c280 does not do this either, it would be sweet if it did, if someone could figure this out it would be great!!

Sepehr
01-04-2008, 11:56 PM
This sounds interesting. I wonder if the 97' w202 cars had this feature. Are you guys located in the States or in Europe? Maybe it's an option that is required by certain countries' laws

chaddeus
01-05-2008, 12:33 AM
My car does this as does my mom's W211. In the W211, I believe it's a setting in the cluster display.

Our old 1994 C220 did not do this at all.

Sulaco
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
My 1994 C280 never has never done this either. Pretty sure it's a post-update-model-only feature.
Although, I have put my poor car through some serious hell since I got her in 1999 (with 14k miles).

For example, my auto-roll-down feature on the front windows doesn't work. And the "global" feature which is supposed to roll up/down the windows using the key hasn't worked in years.

chaddeus
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
My 1994 C280 never has never done this either. Pretty sure it's a post-update-model-only feature.
Although, I have put my poor car through some serious hell since I got her in 1999 (with 14k miles).

For example, my auto-roll-down feature on the front windows doesn't work. And the "global" feature which is supposed to roll up/down the windows using the key hasn't worked in years.

Have you tried resetting the window motors? I know if you remove/reset the battery the memory features "forget" and they have to "relearn" them.

adamsry
01-20-2008, 08:23 PM
That is only applicable to the convenience control module for express up / down should your vehicle support it and lock and unlock up/down of windows and sunroof. That would be using the key in the door or remote on update 202 models.

Cheers

Sulaco
01-21-2008, 05:00 AM
Yes, I've done a little digging on it also. All my problems started after I (VERY LONG STORY) flooded the trunk and my convenience control module was submerged in water for a couple days :(
After that, all these features died, and cannot be reset.

But my windows still roll down, so I guess the absolute most basic function is still there.

But still, the auto-lock feature was never there (topic of this thread anyways)

V1Dreamer
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
try this out guys.
start your car, press and hold unlock/lock button, cruise down your street at about 5mph.
this should fix the problem.

as for your auto up/down windows.
with car on in park. roll your window down to stop. release button. and depress the button down to its first stop and hold for 5 seconds. then roll the window up to its stop, release button, press and hold button up on the first detent and hold for 5 seconds. this will fix your auto up/down feature.

Sulaco
01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
These reset features do not work on pre-update 202's. Furthermore, there was no auto-up feature--only auto-down on the front windows only.

nikrox
04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
the reset on the door locks DOES work....i tried it on my c43 after weeks of trying to figure it out, and then reading it on here.thanks for everyones input.made my day

i dont think it will work on any w202 pre-update though

thanks again

_n.