PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Mast

97C28O
12-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I think my antenna mast has broken... I have take the whole assembly out and I opened up the motor assembly and I've took out the white plastic tubing that connects to the antenna mast and I think part of it has been broken. When I took this whole assembly off, my antenna mast was already disconnected from the motor assembly. I'm not very sure if it's broken. The motor still runs...

Has anyone purchased eBay ones?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-02-MERCEDES-BENZ-W202-C230-C280-OEM-ANTENNA-MAST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQihZ018QQite mZ280186830195QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It looks exactly like the OEM mast, do you think the reception will be affected by an eBay one?

I can also leave the motor unplugged without having the antenna mast go up/down when I use the stereo. However, I use the radio most of the time and I would hear a little static from it when I disconnected it...

I'll try and post pictures of it tomorrow when i work on it again.

P.S. I also installed an HID kit. I will soon post a new thread about it when I take pictures.

JRE320
12-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Look's good to me.. ;)

97C28O
12-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Has anyone changed their mast before?

97C28O
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Well.. I've put everything back together and left the motor unplugged. Now my antenna doesn't go up:D Reception is still good, however, going under ground garages or areas with lots of interference causes some signal lost... That's all.

Logic
12-31-2007, 09:39 AM
if the motor is still working you can buy only the mast from mercedes and do it yourself. when you took the antenna apart make sure you clean any broken pieces of the old antenna out. pull the old mast out by turning the radio on making sure you took the big nut off this way the old nylon piece will come completely out . now the antenna motor is in a position when turned off it will pull the other one in . with the radio on get the new nylon cord and stick it in until you get on tension ( you may need to people to do this since the radio needs to be turned off)
then turn radio off and the motor will draw the new one in. this may take a couple of trys but its pretty simple. when it draws it all the way on then put the nut on a poof your done.

97C28O
12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks. I will give that a try when I order a new mast. As of now, I like my antenna down and still able to have FM reception. I will change it when it gets annoying. I'm fine with the way it is right now.