PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problem? Please help!

C230KSPORT00
01-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey guys. I have had alot of problems recently with hard shifts and slipping shifts. Its both. But heres what happened today. I came to a stop sign and did a rolling stop. When i let off the brake to hit the gas it shifted into what felt like nuetral because when i hit the gas it didnt go anywhere. This happened for a full 10 seconds. When i finally felt it shift, i must have been in 4th or 5th gear because when i hit the gas it was so slow. I had no pickup what so ever. When i tried to use the tiptronics to shift down to a better gear, it didnt work. So i pulled into a parking lot messing with the tiptronics and putting it in and out of sport mode tryng to get some result, but it wouldnt budge it wouldnt shift. So i finally turn the car off and waited for 3 mins till i turned it back on. When i did, it was it 2nd gear like it was suppose to be and the tiptronics worked but when i went to get to my destination it was shifting so wierd and slipping like none other. It would either take forever to shift or it would shift in really low RPMs or really high RPMs like it was retarted or something. So what do u guys think? Can you help me out? Thanks!

xvvvz
01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I would start off by resetting the ECU to see if that helps at all. You can do some searching and find out the sequence via the key or you can just unplug your battery (you will have to resync your windows, sunroof and code your radio).

C230KSPORT00
01-02-2008, 10:02 AM
What will resetting the ECU do exactly? Thanks for you help.

benztec
01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
reseting it will do nothing. get it to the dealer to at least have it diagnosed properly. don't listen to all the fools on here bashing the dealer. at least get a proper diagnosis. it could be something simple. take it somewhere random and they will most likely try to sell you a tranny right away.

C230KSPORT00
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
What are some of the problems that could have created this problem? I did have a small dose of this about a month ago but this time it was alot more slipping and hard shifts, so i think the problem is gradually getting worse. Thanks

Cru328prod
01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
lmfao thats $100 dollars PER HOUR <------that alot.......

Take it to the dealer, have them cheak the fuild on the transmission with there "tool" that should be free......call before you go......if its semi low....have them do a top off *which cost money* or do it yourself

if it still bad......then go to the dealer and have them figure it out