PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warrenty

Cru328prod
01-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Here’s some questions

Is there anyway to tell if you replace your engine? vin wise and such?

If there is no hole, no signs of there ever being a hole for nitrous but just a line, no solenoid, no wires, can they prove you had nitrous?

If that same line doesn't connect to anything, can they still accuse you of have nitrous?

Can your sound system, cause any kind of engine problem?

5 farad cap
2 alpine subs
fused 150 amp
1 alpine amp
I got into it with my extended warranty rep at gieco, The car is bone stock…..only thing aftermarket in the engine is the K&N Filter. They were basically nip picking everything I’ve done to the car, INCLUDING “AFTERMARKET RIMS” AND RADIO!!!!! I told him, the radio wouldn’t have caused anything to go wrong with the car. The only thing that could happen is if you take the negative and positive and touch them together and hold it there till you have 3rd burns. He’s like well it looks like you’ve done your homework, but I’m a master installation tech (I was going to go off on him after that, I was going to tell him then wtf are you working for gieco then). Then he started telling me there another fuel line coming from the trunk (braided line THAT DOESN’T CONNECT TO ANYTHING) then started telling me off there was a nitrous setup because of a switch on the TPS, and insisting that there was a cold air intake……when there is the stock air boxxxxxx in there. I gonna be like dude I build 427, and LS-1s I know my shit

RemoLexi
01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Theres still ways to tell how your engine croaked ... like say you blow your engine, you take it to the dealership and they will take a look at the internals and decide what may have caused problems, like say they find cracked valve heads -then they may refuse to warrenty out your engine simply because if you properly maintain your engine it would never do that.

MB isnt quick to warrenty engines, an M111K engine may cost over 10K your car isnt even worth that!

Cru328prod
01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
has been swapped after the hydrolock, thats why i was asking if they could tell. This is extended warrenty threw my insurance company I JUST WANTED THEM TO FIX MY HORN, AC, AND FUEL TRIM MALIFUCTION :(

benztec
01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
fuel trim malfunction?? and you just admitted to nitrous. why should they pay for anything. here is some advice. aftermarket warranties never pay for anything. most of them go out of business quickly.

Logic
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
i can say there is no way a sound system can cause engine problems. unless you didn't fuse your wiring and caused your wiring to melt....as far as your engine and warrenty mechanics aren't stupid...any signs of after marker things and some searching they can narrow it down to what caused your problems . its like saying some one came to my work and wanted to know why his lighter wasn't working after we did a deck...after some searching to find out he tried to wire something to his lighter and fried some things in his car...andwas pointing his fingers my way...but hey you never know you might get lucky and get your stuff fixed .

Cru328prod
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by benztec
fuel trim malfunction?? and you just admitted to nitrous. why should they pay for anything. here is some advice. aftermarket warranties never pay for anything. most of them go out of business quickly.

Who admitted to what?

There is no nitrous tank, no holes, no solenoid, no wires to a micro switch.......C230 kompressors are forced induction.....any holes will become boost leak.......how do you prove someone had nitrous......

If you claim to be a master installation tech, you would know for a fact a sound system would not make a hose go bad for the a/c or even a fuel trim malfunction. That has to deal with a Bad MAF or a o2 sensor. Just because you have a braided line in your car, your telling me its going to void the warranty? They have yet to prove me wrong...

alphanumeric
01-04-2008, 11:06 AM
everyone knows insurance company's are the biggest robbers in the USA, along side tow truck company's and the government

Cru328prod
01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by alphanumeric
everyone knows insurance company's are the biggest robbers in the USA, along side tow truck company's and the government

I know thats why i refuse to let this go, if aftermarket rims was an issue.....why is it that now i'm dealing with this? They've seen the car twice. So bewteen then and now......how im i stuck paying for extended warrenty if its some how voided??????

xvvvz
01-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I am not trying to flame you or antagonize you, but why should the warranty still be in effect if you have replaced the engine? Also, I am guessing there was some type of clause in the warranty that had some sort of exclusion for modifications. Every warranty I have ever read has an exclusion like this in the microscopic fine print.

There were obviously some tell-tale signs of modifications that the insurance inspector picked up on immediately. Also, he may have access to your sevice records at MB where your past posts have indicated you have taken your car for some of the problems. Considering people get some of the service history by running a CarFax, I would think the insurance Gestapo has access to even more.

I get your point about the fact that you are asking for repairs to items that may not be related to things you have replaced, but I can understand their stance that this isn't the same car (so to say) that they insured due to the hyro-locked engine replacement (not to mention you were the South Florida NOS dragmaster there for a while, hehehe...), and that even if it was, it was not used in a normal/stock/intended manner.

Again, not trying to "diss" you. Just trying to help you see the issue from both sides.

Cru328prod
01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
hahahaha extened warrenty couldn't prove the issue, so there covering it, but heres the hidden thing, $250 dollars per problem, so i have to pay $250 for a fan clutch plus installation, then to fix the a/c issue is another $250 dollars. Which isn't bad at all! i have to swap MAF sensor housing with someone......so if anyone has a bad 1 or whatever......i'll buy it!!! i have another After market housing....i don't need the sensor part........No one knows about the engine swap because i did it myself,