PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a spare Right Lower Control Arm??!! or anything for that matter!!

anf6789
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
If anyone has a spare Right lower control arm they are willing to get rid of, please let me know, mine is FUCKING CRACKED!!! its fucked my whole car up, i can barely turn, have to get it towed tommorow. also if anyone has any other front suspension parts let me know, cuz that might not be the only thing broken:( :(

post here,pm me, email me at Aaronfreyer@comcast.net, whatever you want.

Thanks ANF6789

aww ballsack:bored:

Espresso
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Shit man,
are you/passengers OK? Just a clean suspension break or accident?

speedybenz
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Depending on the crack and whre it is placed you could take it to a muffler shop and they could weld up the damage to the point where you could drive the car, if that's the only issue.

The welds could get you by for several days to several years depending on the crack and, again where it is located.

Just another option.

Jeff

anf6789
01-06-2008, 09:21 AM
yeah, everyones ok thanks! some one cut me off in a parking lot and i had to go up on the curb, a pretty big curb, i swore that my bumper got ripped off, my oil pan was gone, my muffler was torn off,lol But the Benz is a Freakin Tank, the only thing that happened is the black lower bumper part got chipped a tad, my brake ducting on the right side is out, and my car is now an inch or so lower on the right front corner cuz of the control arm being cracked.

ill see if i can get some pictures my dad got it towed to the ford dealership he works at. well put it up on the lift and check it out on monday.

Speedybenz, i was actually thinking about getting it welded, but im not sure if ican do that, its kinda like a 3/4 tear around the arm, from the bottom to the sides, i think the force of the tire hitting the curb and me going over it cracked it

RemoLexi
01-06-2008, 09:38 AM
yea you want to order a new one, you dont want any alighnment issues or the thought of the welds ever breaking and a causing harm.

Proven Guilty
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
replacement control arms are only like $250 new with all new bushings. i would take the opportunity to replace left and rights with the W208 arms with solid bushings. will really tighten the front end up, and outlast the life of your car.

anf6789
01-06-2008, 10:01 AM
yeah, ill look into the 208 arms, thanks for the input guys, it a big help. at 130000mi anything would tighten up the front end,lol

yeah, dont want to be rollin down the highway and have my repaired arm break. that would suck.

are the arms hard to change, ex: do i need any special tools? or should i have the shop do it?

Proven Guilty
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
if your dad has access to a lift, both sides can be done in 1 hour. doing it in the garage on jack stands with hand tools will take about 4 hours

anf6789
01-06-2008, 04:35 PM
well thats good, i just hope its nothing major, and only one part. from what i could tell from last night, it looked like just the right lower control arm, but it may be leaking something also, maybe gas, maybe oil. i couldnt tell if the slick was there before i parked the car, i wasnt paying attention.

also if it was the oil resivoir, would they be able to seal it back up, or would i have to get a new one?

anf6789
01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
got a quote from Mercedes Benz Of Cherry Hill for the parts wholesale, the lower control arm would be $390 if i bought it from them, which I'm not,lol. I'll buy the little 5 dollar parts i need from the stealership. overall i need about 10 parts. Fuck Curbs.:D

so far the best quote i have gotten for the lower control arm is $170 online(free shipping), which isn't to bad.