PDA

View Full Version : New Speakers and System

Flyingbanana
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Just upgraded the system last weekend. The previous owner had taken it to a best buy or something and they did a real shabby job. They pulled out the bose and put in 4 in pioneers all round. They sounded really terrible. My bro in law actually pulled it off for me. Well I put in MB quartz components in the front (thanks to Benzon). I put Alpine Type R's (6x9's) in the back and a pioneer amp.

I did not want to mess withe old tweeters since I've read they are a pain, so we mounted them on the doors infront of the side mirrors. We almost messed up because the plastic was so brittle.Since there was not much space in the front for the crossovers, we mounted them in the trunk, so we ended up pulling extra wire there.Also mounted the amp in the trunk.

It took us about 2 days, putting in new wiring and making the holes bigger in the back. Took my bro's HU (Pioneer 7700MP). We also hard wired the sirius receiver in the cassette box and mounted the magnetic antenna on the trunk lid. Glad it's over. Here are some pics. during the install I still need to take the final pics.
Pics of the install (http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/flyingbanana1/)

Fizzle
01-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Rule #1: When you give this much detail you MUST post pics of the install. If you have them then post them, if not go take pics of the end results and post. Thank you.

anf6789
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Fizzle
Rule #1: When you give this much detail you MUST post pics of the install. If you have them then post them, if not go take pics of the end results and post. Thank you.

He did It's a link at the end his his post:confused:

Flyingbanana
01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
The pics I took were too big and I did not want to cause a bottleneck, so I posted the link.

Fizzle
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Did you change the rear door speakers? If so, how did you get to that little screw at the top? The one that is just behind the panel. Did you have to remove the door panel?

Flyingbanana
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I did not really want to put in a second amp, so we disconnected the back door speakers and it sounded pretty sweet at the end without them, so we left it that way. So we did not have to remove the door panel.

Benzon
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
So likein thos MB's? And yeah i leave my rears off as they mess with the soundstage.

Flyingbanana
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
The MB quart components are unbelievable just on their own. It's amazing how much of a difference they made over the 4 in pioneers. Then I added the 6x9's. I'm actually happy now that the engine doesn't have to drown out the speakers anymore.