PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats trouble...

grga
01-27-2008, 03:00 PM
The bottom part of the heated seat on the drivers side doesn't work since I bought my car.

Since there are 4 heated seat components in the car (bottom and lumbar parts on both sides) and only one is gone in my car, could it really be a fuse? I know that heated seats use a lot of power, but are there 4 fuses and where to find them? What to do? Help!
:rolleyes:

junklar
01-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Check under the fuse box (the fuse box is on the right side of the car when you open up the hood)

you should see a list of what each fuse is for

lamf
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
check the plugs under the seat. my passenger seat didnt heat and the plug was unplugged. they are stupidly placed infront of the seat

farley556
02-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I have that same problem with my car...driver's seat bottom does not work but the back does? Let me know if you find a solution...

RemoLexi
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
there are 4 heater panals. two on each seat passenger and driver.

i bet the panal has a broken connection, your best bet is to replace it I think it runs $200 range. its a total BIATCH removing them and installing new ones. ive retro-fitted W126 seat heater panals and timed relays along with the switches. it was a total nighmare and in the end my seat covers were too thick so I cant feel any warmth. your seats must have a thin vynil/leather cover that way u feel the very little heat the panals provide.