PDA

View Full Version : Trannie Fluid

adamsry
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
So i decided the cheep est measure to check the issue is to change the fluid, cant hurt. Well to my surprise this along with seafoam pored in a 1/4 tank of gas has provided interesting results. Now the trannie is snappy in more gears. Evidently there is a natural kinda kick between gears with this car but since the fluid was like molasses you could not feel it .. now the car with fresh juice is more responsive eliminated the check engine light issue ( tarannie vacuum shift module thingie p17001 i believe was the code)

Evidently the first second and third valve body's were sticking and were moving slowly with fresh fluid the car now is shifting correctly

Fortunately the first shop that looked at it was wrong ultimately i would have gotten an expensive screw.

All fluids in tannie and torque converter were flushed and replaced and the pickup is substantial.

I was lucky there was absolutely no visable metal debris in the bottom of the trannie pan so Phew.

Kropf
01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by adamsry
... I was lucky there was absolutely no visable metal debris in the bottom of the trannie pan so Phew.
None in the pan of my 100,000 mile C43 either, but after pulling apart the Trans Filter, there were some flakes in there, but due to the nice fleece type filter, that's where the flakes stayed. (I'm amazed that many American cars have only a screen for a filter!)

junklar
01-31-2008, 04:02 AM
adamsry,

Did you decide to keep the car?

adamsry
01-31-2008, 04:41 AM
Well i found a 2002 SLK320 yesterday and it is the red i like BUT the dealer wanted 25 grand and they were like we will give you a deal and sell it to me for NADA, sheez give me a break. So i will veer from car lots for the time being when i talked to them i felt like my balls were in a vice.http://img.infocoches.com/img/mercedes/2000-SLK320/mercedes_2000-SLK320-007_0.jpg

That is what she looked like.

I probably will correct the paint delimitation issue i found a ma&pop body shop that will work with me so i will do all the disassembly and then tow the car to them in pieces . The net investment in the vehicle will be after the paint job roughly 4500 so may go ahead and sell the car and make some pocket change or keep it as my daily driver.

I guess i should take some pictures, what the prior owner did at some point is painted the car from the pen stripe up and you can see that was done that is where the paint brake line is so everything above it looks like ass but hey every time i wash the car more clear coat falls off so .. that is time saved in sanding and prep.

Nelson Lago
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
is that slk manual

adamsry
02-01-2008, 04:29 AM
It is not actually which is fine by me ( had a manual for years and over the gears) My sister's hubbie has one that is a 6 spd though with xenon as well .. i think his is a 01

Cru328prod
02-01-2008, 04:40 AM
I BET YOUR W202 DOESN'T CHIRP IN 2ND GEAR................YAHHHHHHHHHH BABY

stupied ebay maf:bored: