PDA

View Full Version : Hard start again

junklar
02-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I thought that the seafoam technique that omeyhomey recommended helped but the car is still having hard start problems .. I found out that if I turn the key to position 1 (only the srs light comes on), and then turn the ignition real quick it starts fine most of the time.. but when I turn the key to position 2 (all the lights in the dash comes on) and then start the car, most of the time it struggles to start..

This only happens on a cold start.. If I turn the ignition off and start the car again, it starts right away

Also, whenever starting the car on a cold start, I see a couple of drops of fuel on the floor that is coming from the muffler..

Any ideas? fuel injectors? maf sensor?

Section 8
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
if this was my car id have a pro look at it and make all these problems go away wahtever the price..it cant be doign the car anygood to be using it in this state.....

stox
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I'll second Section 8's suggestion. If you have fuel dripping from your muffler, your cats are getting toasted. Get it done right, MB cats are expensive.

junklar
02-08-2008, 04:04 AM
if it was going to get toasted, it should have by now.. it's been like this ever since I bought the car, that is more than 6 months

omeyhomey
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
its time to upgrade exhaust system if cats are bad, might as well upgrade to a single magnaflow cat setup.