PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start

Benzalot
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I've done search to no avail so hear we go. I went to Horsepower Sales for nitrous today and parked at a slight incline, when I came out the car wouldn't start.
It cranks over fine but doesn't fire, the only thing I did recently was sprayed cleaner on the mas and the throttle body, it ran fine till today. If gunk goes down the throttle body can it clog something?
Anybody have a similar situation? I have the battery disconnected till tomorrow ( it's a month old and very strong )to see if the computer resets.
I'll have to start tearing things apart in the morning to check for spark and fuel.
$100 down the drain for towing, that sucks

xvvvz
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
How long did you wait around to see if it would start? If it was the crank/crankshaft position sensor, it will sometimes work after a while when it has had time to cool down. Do a search on it.

lamf
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
if it wont start i wouldnt advise nitrous:p

Design29
03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
My car is doing something similar. I start it up drive somewhere with no problem. Come out a few minutes later and try to start it and it turns but it never fires. Got a jump and started. Had battery and alternator check and they're OK.

After this incident, it ran fine for a couple of days. Today it died while driving.

JRE320
03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Design29
My car is doing something similar. I start it up drive somewhere with no problem. Come out a few minutes later and try to start it and it turns but it never fires. Got a jump and started. Had battery and alternator check and they're OK.

After this incident, it ran fine for a couple of days. Today it died while driving.

I would not jump start the car if I were you. It's not recommended. ;)

Benzalot
03-19-2008, 01:09 AM
So I ran a diagnosis with an OBD II PocketScan Code Reader and here are the results;
0 Codes
Mil On
Monitrs
6 Inc.
Catlyst
Evap
Sec Air
O2 Snsr
O2 Htr
EGR
3 Ready
Misfire
Fuel
Comp

I also checked I have no spark, I have fuel. Any Ideas where to start looking as far as spark goes?

JRE320
03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
How old is your battery?

Kropf
03-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Benzalot
I've done search to no avail so hear we go.... when I came out the car wouldn't start.
It cranks over fine but doesn't fire...
Anybody have a similar situation?
Yep! (You'll get a lot of stories if you search this forum for "crankshaft sensor".)

Originally posted by Design29
My car is doing something similar. I start it up drive somewhere with no problem. Come out a few minutes later and try to start it and it turns but it never fires. ... Today it died while driving.
Again, and again, sounds like a Crankshaft Position Sensor. I bought mine at AutohausAZ.com (http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=wkjjnb55iaww5m45hliklp32&makeid=800016@Mercedes&modelid=1356296@C280&year=1999&cid=sensor@sensor&gid=7196@Crankshaft%20Position%20Sensor).
(This link should work for Design29's '99 C280. Benzalot: help us help you by telling us what your vehicle is.)

Benzalot
03-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
How old is your battery?

Battery is new 2 months

Design29
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Kropf
[Again, and again, sounds like a Crankshaft Position Sensor. I bought mine at AutohausAZ.com (http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=wkjjnb55iaww5m45hliklp32&makeid=800016@Mercedes&modelid=1356296@C280&year=1999&cid=sensor@sensor&gid=7196@Crankshaft%20Position%20Sensor).
(This link should work for Design29's '99 C280. Benzalot: help us help you by telling us what your vehicle is.) [/B]

Thanks Kropf took care of it.

Is this sensor "linked" to the transmission? It seems that after replacing the sensor, the transmission sort of hesitates at times, nothing major, but there seems like a little kick once in a while - I am not sure if these two are related...