PDA

View Full Version : how do you install headlights

lamf
02-17-2008, 09:11 AM
alright what the fuck i just tried to put in my new headlights and its like you have to take apart the whole front of the car. please somebody tell me whats going on because that sucked and now i have a pinched nerve in my back:mad:

Proven Guilty
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
step 1: pop the turn signal out by squeezing the clip under the hood and pushing it out.

step 2: remove the lower assembly trim (painted body color) by removing the two phillips head screws. one is where the turn signal used to be, and the other is in the center where your grille would usually cover when you've got the hood open.

step 3: edit: i believe the bolts are 10mm remove the 3 bolts holding the headlight in. one going sideways into the headlight assembly where where your turn signal was, one where the grill would be also going sideways, one on the top that goes through the radiator support.

install new headlights in reverse order.

you're welcome ;) should be like a 10 minute job.

lamf
02-18-2008, 06:30 AM
hmmm now i did all that the first time but since i have a headlight wiper i couldnt remove the trim any idea how to remove that?

Proven Guilty
02-18-2008, 08:05 AM
i never had the wipers, but there has to be a realease for them from the outside. you could probably goodle "remove headlight wiper mercedes" and find something relevant.