PDA

View Full Version : Sachs vs Eibach

Rusdi Harahap
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi,

I am going to replace my stock shock .. As the shop offers me the Sachs Sport Shock complete with springs, I need to decide whether I stay with the current Eibach Pro Kit spring or replace it with Sachs spring...

What do you think?

Sachs Sport Shock + Sachs Spring
vs
Sachs Sport Shock + Eibach Pro Kit Spring

Which one will give better handling? How about stiffness?

Thanks ....

allirroz
02-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Rusdi Harahap
Hi,

I am going to replace my stock shock .. As the shop offers me the Sachs Sport Shock complete with springs, I need to decide whether I stay with the current Eibach Pro Kit spring or replace it with Sachs spring...

What do you think?

Sachs Sport Shock + Sachs Spring
vs
Sachs Sport Shock + Eibach Pro Kit Spring

Which one will give better handling? How about stiffness?

Thanks ....

Sachs Sport Shock + Sachs Spring - only because of valving rates. I venture to say that it has been tuned hand and hand for a nice firm superior ride.
I have tried the sachs on sachs on a vw gti and was very impressed. .
I tried bilstein sports on eibach springs ( not pro) on a bmw 3 series and found it bouncy

I know this did not answer your query - but would consider the matching brands

Polestar
02-25-2008, 05:25 AM
I put the Sachs Sporting Set on my last car and found it too stiff.
You probably know this, but the Sachs set up uses Sachs shock and Eibach spring, while the Eibach set up uses Sachs shock and Eibach spring too.
They use different spring rates and valving to produce their unique ride.
Sachs is an excellent product, used throughout Europe-just not my cup of tea.

Rusdi Harahap
03-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I have installed the Sachs performance shock...at the moment I use The Sachs Shock + Coil combo ... So far it's ok ... It's not so stiff like others say ... I begin to like it ... especially for hi speed cornering...