PDA

View Full Version : windshield sprayers, wires, and hood tips

Logic
02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
i was considering buying a carbon fiber hood and did find a place thats selling them for 525.00. i was looking at the hood and looking at what needs to be done to transfer everything over. i was told that i needed to disconnect the shocks on the hood and i figured out the clip slides up to disengauge the pin but i noticed 2 wires hooked up to the windshield spayers. what are those for? i m asuming i can disconnect the tubing via the plug in the first slot opeing on the hood. do i just pull on all the tubing to get all that out or would it be easier to purchase a new set to put on the hood? any other pointers i would concider when putting this new hood on?

anf6789
02-23-2008, 05:48 PM
the washer nozzles are heated, thats what those wires are for.

C230KSPORT00
02-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Logic, I want a CF hood too! $525. doesn't sound too bad to me.... Are you serious about getting it?

Logic
02-23-2008, 11:11 PM
yea i really have been considering it for while and i haven't seen them this cheap in years there is a place called racerwheel.com that has them for 546.00 minus a 20.00 off but the shipping is 135.00 to my zip code.
http://www.racerwheel.com/abv-94me2024doe-010c.html
the hoses and wires in the hood don't seem hard to pull out but was just wondering if it is simple to just buy new and leave the other hood alone. i figured some one who has done the hood maybe have some ideas they can throw my way or anything they might have encountered.
by the way did you win the lottery ... it seems your on a shopping spree lately buying all that stuff for your car

expo5.0
02-24-2008, 07:24 AM
want to sell me your stock hood?

Logic
02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
actually i will be keeping the hood just incase i sell the car or i decide to put it back on...but ill let y know;)

C230KSPORT00
02-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Logic
by the way did you win the lottery ... it seems your on a shopping spree lately buying all that stuff for your car [/B] Lol i wish !!! No but I just have more money to spend right now. I wouldnt be able to buy the CF hood right away cause I am getting 18" wheels and tires 2maro and I have to get suspension done, I also have some HIDs on their way. And o yea, I just bought those CF pillars so I wil have to recover from all of this before I do anything else.

C230KSPORT00
02-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Logic, I heard that the VIS CF hoods suck. I remember reading a couple threads on here saying that if you get the VIS you have to get different parts that connect to your hood and hold it down because if you go over a big bump or if you close the hood to hard the metal peices will crack the CF really easily. Are you aware of this? Is this still a problem?

Logic
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
well from what i been told it depends on certain factors that can cause certain things. vis i been told is the more popular of the hoods. rolled edges and better quality. but hey i don't know never owned one. if you find something let me know :)

expo5.0
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
i had a vis hood on my wrx- very good fitment and no issues

jnolte
02-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by expo5.0
i had a vis hood on my wrx- very good fitment and no issues

hmm really? hahahaha to you?

on a w202 it looks like shit, if you get a cf hood from vis for you benz, it fits like shit. prepare for some extra fitting to make it look oem like. i wouldent recomend it, wouldent rock it and would not praise it. its a downgrade if not molded to fit RIGHT

Logic
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
hmm really? hahahaha to you?

on a w202 it looks like shit, if you get a cf hood from vis for you benz, it fits like shit. prepare for some extra fitting to make it look oem like. i wouldent recomend it, wouldent rock it and would not praise it. its a downgrade if not molded to fit RIGHT
so you had one? if so was it brand new? what did you adjust on it?