PDA

View Full Version : security light

brucie baby
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi I am having trouble with my alarm /immobiliser.
When I use fob to lock car a red light flashes on the door lock. should this happen it did`nt used to Mercedes (reg vardy)Glasgow say yes, Glen Henderson in ayr say no about three hours work to fix. Im confused
Bruce

AirPost
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
On mine, locking the car using my fob, the light on the driver's side handle, rearview mirror and trunk (which I don't think the European version has) WILL blink red to visually let you know that it is locking. Unlocking will make it blink green. This is normal.

lamf
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
ya it means its locked and green means its unlocked

brucie baby
03-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by AirPost
On mine, locking the car using my fob, the light on the driver's side handle, rearview mirror and trunk (which I don't think the European version has) WILL blink red to visually let you know that it is locking. Unlocking will make it blink green. This is normal.

Thanks for reply I DID NOT SAY THAT RED DOOR LIGHT CONTINUES TO FLASH AFTER LOCKING SHOULD THIS HAPPEN AS MY BATTERY SLOWLY DISCHARGES

AirPost
03-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by brucie baby
Thanks for reply I DID NOT SAY THAT RED DOOR LIGHT CONTINUES TO FLASH AFTER LOCKING SHOULD THIS HAPPEN AS MY BATTERY SLOWLY DISCHARGES

I'm confused. Are you saying that the blinking/flashing does not stop? If it does not stop then obviously, that is a problem.

It should only flash for a few seconds and then stop.