PDA

View Full Version : How to remove your sunroof panel

pierrebond
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I've seen this posted a few times and I myself tried to find some instructions, but didn't really find anything.

I just did this tonight and it was pretty easy. I just took off the sunroof glass to make it easier for myself so I could get to everything. Took me about 25 minutes to get it out and put the sunroof back on till I get it re-glued.

1.) Open sunroof in the pop up position.
2.) Remove the accordion flaps from the rail.
3.) You will see two bolts that bolt the glass to some metal. You want to unscrew these on each side of the sunroof.
4.) Once you get these off it will feel loose but not quite coming off yet.
5.) Run your fingers to the front of the sunroof where you see a black plastic cover and pry this off slowly. It is snapped into the sunroof metal.
6.) You will see 4 more bolts once you get it off. Unscrew these.
7.) At this point you will be able to remove the glass completely and set it aside.
8.) Pull the sunroof panel to the front so you can see the entire panel from the top of the car. You will see a metal strip keeping the sunroof from being pushed up and out. You want to pull it out, it is just snapped in. Do this on each side.
9.) Pull out the sunroof panel!!

I'm pretty sure you can remove the metal strip that holds it in from step 8.) without removing the sunroof, but I have big hands so I just went the extra mile, but you might not have to.

Once I get this re-glued this week I will post some pictures when I remove it again if anyone needs it. Hope this helps. I tried to make it as detailed as possible.

C230KSPORT00
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow nice job. I think I am going to do this. Thanks

chimchongdlight
04-23-2011, 02:21 AM
yea i def need to do this still, i just keep my sunroof panel open bc i dont want the yellow stuff to fall

Z3ds
07-10-2011, 01:42 AM
There is a youtube video that shows how to remove the sunroof just in case some people wants some visual aid.