PDA

View Full Version : Tranny acting up again?

Sulaco
03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Alright, tranny is acting up AGAIN.

I had it rebuilt about 140k miles ago.

Now it's been having this gap between 3rd and 4th for about 6 months. Now the gap is pretty bad in the mornings. If i'm in neighborhood traffic and it's having alot of trouble deciding which gear to be in (3rd or 4th). And when I'm coasting along, I can rev the engine and catch it just idling between gears, at which point it will go into third or fourth, depending on how hard I hit the gas.

And last week it started holding first gear for a bit too long--no matter how hard or soft I take off from a stop. It won't shift out of first unless I hit about 3k RPMS...

Rebuild? Flush? Set fire to it?

strictlyspeakin
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM
You've checked the the fluid level right?

Is it colder there as of late. It'll hold gear longer (under 35% load I think) when it's cold.

allirroz
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
140k (140,000) miles ago. That ain't bad if you ask me. Wear and Tear??????
How often or at what mileage intervals did you service the unit after the rebuild?

Proven Guilty
03-04-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah, sounds like it may have burnt itself up again if you weren't on top of service.

filter + screen every 60k will keep em running perfectly. dont forget to have an indy shop check and adjust the linkage, as well as the vaccuum lines. there's two lines that feed the transmission, and could effect the way it shifts.