PDA

View Full Version : Trip Meter flashing "HI"

crankyfilipino
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone. I'm in pretty dire straits trying to figure out what this means. Yesterday I heard a beep and then looked at my dash and the trip meter started flashing the word "HI" with a symbol to the left of it that looks like it could be meaning oil or water. I'm not sure as I'm not very mechanically inclined. Has anyone come across this or have any idea what it could mean? There's no other lights on the dash while this is flashing and if I hold the reset trip meter button it goes away for a while but will come back. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

allirroz
03-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Ever consider reading the owners manual?

hvmercy
03-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by allirroz

maybe he doesn't have an owner's manual

Section 8
03-28-2008, 01:55 PM

ever consider not being a dick and awnsering like some one who drives a benz and bot a honda

hvmercy
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Section 8
ever consider not being a dick and awnsering like some one who drives a benz and bot a honda

highly uncalled for...

Watch your language!

allirroz
03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hvmercy
maybe he doesn't have an owner's manual

Ok maybe he doesnt and by no means did I intend to sound like a smart aleck. I just wanted to point out that the manual may show the indicator "HI" fault. Which he may have overlooked to refer to.

Anyhow looked at my manual and found nothing on "HI" either.

Question now would be what model C and what version does he own Euro or USA?

allirroz
03-28-2008, 02:43 PM

You brits are something else...learn to spell before responding.

Section 8
03-28-2008, 04:02 PM
You brits are something else...learn to spell before responding.

ok grammer queen

Kropf
03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
... I just wanted to point out that the manual may show the indicator "HI" fault. Which he may have overlooked to refer to.
Anyhow looked at my manual and found nothing on "HI" either.
It is explained in both of my manuals, and it's on page 82 of the online version that I've posted here (http://kropf.net/w202/w202owners_manual.pdf).
Don't ignore it!!! Foaming oil can starve the motor and cause major damage.

Question now would be what model C and what version does he own Euro or USA?
Yes, it would help us help you if owners would put their general location, and the car's year and model in their profile.

RemoLexi
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
It means you have "HI" milage lol. just kidding! :p

anyway, ive never heard of this problem, good luck getting it taken care of. :)

crankyfilipino
03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Thank you for all your replies. I do not have an owners manual. I got screwed over when I purchased the car. I thought I had put enough information to answer. Excuse me. I have a 1998 C280, USA version. Special thanks for the link to the online owners manual. I really appreciate it.

allirroz
03-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Yup, HI indicates that you may have overfilled your engine with oil, way pass the max limit

allirroz
03-29-2008, 03:15 AM
ok grammer queen

Not only do you drive on the wrong side of the road which figures why you can't spell right , you continue to show your lack of schooling... it's Grammar idiot and not Grammer .