PDA

View Full Version : Help!! P0416 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Open

OCKlasse
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
I went to pick up my brakes today :D and when I was pulling into the place to meet the guy, I went over this huge ass metal plate which threw a CEL. I went home and did the diagnostic scan through my climate control, and the following code came up:

P0416 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve B Circuit Open

Anyone know how to alleviate this?

I have a M111 NA btw.

Cru328prod
04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
awman...thats a tricky one....look at all your hose and wiring something came loose...... chevys has that problem when shit gets clogged up from the air pump..

OCKlasse
04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Checked everything...looks good. Removed the black cover as well. :(

Cru328prod
04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
dude i would disconnect the batt for like 30 mins and see if it comes back on

OCKlasse
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
dude i would disconnect the batt for like 30 mins and see if it comes back on

I did the code clear through the climate control and the code still is present. It's pretty difficult to the get to the battery because my fiberglass enclosure is right over the battery. Shouldn't that climate control reset work if disconnecting the battery isn't an option?

I went back today and sprayed everything down with MAF cleaner and it's still on :o

Cru328prod
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
haha were you the one who bought that fiberglass one from the dude who runs wald? i really don't know if that works, i just disconnect the batt and call it a day. i know with the chevys its like the smog pump or a f'd up fuse...but im not too sure if the 202ss even have 1......looks like a question for Proven g

OCKlasse
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
haha were you the one who bought that fiberglass one from the dude who runs wald? i really don't know if that works, i just disconnect the batt and call it a day. i know with the chevys its like the smog pump or a f'd up fuse...but im not too sure if the 202ss even have 1......looks like a question for Proven g

LOL. no...I have this sitting over it (notice the sub on the right?):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/trefive/Terminals001.jpg

Cru328prod
04-05-2008, 07:36 PM
hahahahah i keep forgetting yours is bagged......so you have 3 batts?......you should install a emergancy shut off switch to it all! that shit comes in handy...

OCKlasse
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
hahahahah i keep forgetting yours is bagged......so you have 3 batts?......you should install a emergancy shut off switch to it all! that shit comes in handy...

Well, I have two for the hydraulics and one for the car. I have a disconnect for the hydraulics, but not one for the car. Don't need it.