PDA

View Full Version : steering prob

vinnie201
04-04-2008, 09:16 AM
ok i just replaced ball joint, due to clunking and squeaking while turning. car seems ok. now squeak is back, clunk is not. im thinking (hopefully) steering shock cuz its never been replaced (as far as i know).
also i have a freakin problem with the left front of my car. inner tie rod seems to have play AGAIN!, I had the whole link replaced less than a year ago, and the same deal with the joint before i replaced it. Now i bought another link, steering shock and idler arm repair. put it on next week probably. But is there any explanation as too why these parts wear out that quickly? could it be the shocks?, i dont think they have ever been replaced and car has 140K. Or i havent had a real alignment in some time (i have been neglecting the left front camber it needs a camber bolt +- 3mm), my buddy works in a shop and usually aligns my car and tells me to buy the bolt everytime, any help?
shud i be ok if i just go to the dealership drop the 150 on a real alignment after linkage is changed? or shud i change the shocks as well?

junklar
04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
The squeaking is probably from the steering dampener. I have this squeak as well.

I have no knowledge about your other questions.

xvvvz
04-04-2008, 03:55 PM
How are your rubber bushings in the different front suspension parts? If one of them is going bad/out of shape, it could lead to these odd wearing of other parts in the suspension. Worn/bad bushings are now pretty common with our cars due to age.

vinnie201
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
u mean lca bushings?