PDA

View Full Version : W211 E55 wheels

VIP_MBZ
04-05-2008, 09:15 PM
It started to bother me that my Brabus MB6 replicas were the only replica part in my entire garage (out of both cars), so I decided to get something else.

Now before diving in, I must have read at least 10 different threads from the various Mercedes forums about how E55 W211 wheels shouldn't fit a W210 or any other pre-03 Mercedes, and the bolts are a big pain in the ass (14x1.5 vs 12x1.5M), and the offsets are jacked up and blah blah blah. If I tallied up everyone's time they spent typing all of those posts, you'd end up with hours or days.

Anyway, it took 10 minutes to just try it and find out that yes they clear (they're actually more conservatively fit than my MB6 reps), and they take any aftermarket ball-seat Mercedes bolt that fits your car (I reused the ones I had on my other wheels).

http://ray.dollete.com/images/mybenz/e55wheels.jpg

So yep, I now have a C36 exhaust, C32 brakes, E55 wheels, and the Wald kit which looks like a cross between C36 and C43 OEM kits. It doesn't get more AMG poser than that lol.

-Ray

Pagz
04-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Looking very nice Ray!...C32 brakes sure look the part to!
...is that curbage 11 oclock front wheel?:p

VIP_MBZ
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Looking very nice Ray!...C32 brakes sure look the part to!
...is that curbage 11 oclock front wheel?:p

Sadly yes. Bought them that way. It's the only flaw on the set though, and actually the size makes me feel like it was probably a rock instead of a curb.

-Ray

Lensolo
04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
That looks GREAT, Ray. But, I believe those are E500? I thought the 55's were a split spoke. Either way, very clean.

VIP_MBZ
04-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Lensolo
That looks GREAT, Ray. But, I believe those are E500? I thought the 55's were a split spoke. Either way, very clean.

Thanks! Older E55 had the 5-spoke. Later and E63 have the split, if I remember correctly.

-Ray

jnolte
04-06-2008, 12:31 AM
no the w211 e55k have split spoke

VIP_MBZ
04-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I stand corrected, you're right, AMG style III was never a stock wheel on the E55k, but then the E500 had a fatter 5-spoke. The seller had them listed as E55k wheels and I took that at face value. I'll have to look at the part number to actually identify them.

*shrug.

I figure at $950 for wheels and new tires it was still a good deal since you can't even get AMG replicas at that price esp with tires, though I do feel a bit foolish claiming them as E55k wheels without first looking that up.

-Ray

04-06-2008, 07:10 AM
those wheels are nice but just 1" smaller :D should go bigger like 19" amg CL wheels. ;)

lamf
04-06-2008, 08:52 AM
damn those brakes look so good

jstrat85
04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
your car looks very nice and clean!!

OCKlasse
04-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Looks great! It should cost under $100 to have that curbage fixed. ;)...nice to see you ditched the reps!

benzofanatic
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
If I'm not mistaken they are from the older CLK 55. The rims look great on your car, i have the same set on my silver C280. Couple questions, whats the size of those rims and how much did u lower your car? My rims are 18x8.5 front and rear.

anf6789
04-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Nice Wheels, they look great on your car. I like your Brabus passenger, i hope he;s wearing a seatbelt!!:D

expo5.0
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
same as mine but not 2-piece

they look great on your car!

I believe they were offered original on clks- mine were a stock option for C55 and those may have been available on those as well.

-drew

alphanumeric
04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
very nice looking. it looks very OEM which IMO looks clean. cant wait to see and hear that c36 exhaust at a g2g

what kind of change did you notice with the new breaks.

what are you going to do with the brabus reps?

NEA-4311
04-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Nice wheels dude... I wish you could find some genuine BRABUS like the ones you have on your rear seat ;) but those look very nice as well. The dinstance between the front tyre and fender are sooo small, how can you cope with that???

VIP_MBZ
04-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by benzofanatic
If I'm not mistaken they are from the older CLK 55. The rims look great on your car, i have the same set on my silver C280. Couple questions, whats the size of those rims and how much did u lower your car? My rims are 18x8.5 front and rear.

It's actually W211 fitments, which is 18x8 +30 front and 18x9 +42 rear. The car is dropped on H&R's but there's a little more padding in the back.

The fitment isn't ideal, but actually I'm now more motivated to fix the negative camber in the rear now that there's room to play with. The tire sizes mounted on the wheels when I got them were 245 and 265. I -=may=- consider doing some custom flaring in the front so I can correct the camber there also.

Origially posted by Alphanumeric
very nice looking. it looks very OEM which IMO looks clean. cant wait to see and hear that c36 exhaust at a g2g

what kind of change did you notice with the new breaks.

what are you going to do with the brabus reps?

The C36 exhaust is only mildly louder than stock, and at full throttle I still can't hear it over the supercharger whine -- although the supercharger is admittantly very loud since the intake mod.

The brakes I've had for a couple of years so I have kind of forgotten exactly what stock feels like, but it keeps me feeling confident and safe when I approach or exceed 100mph, which is actually rare for any car. Also, I commute from Hollywood to Long Beach every day, so it's inevitable that I get cut off on a semi-regular basis in that 30 mile range, and when it happens, it's nice to be able to still brake with plenty of distance. The bigger concern is making sure the idiot behind you is paying attention if you decide to bury your foot in the brake.

I'm probably going to dismount the tires from the Brabus reps and put the 235's on the AMG fronts (currently there are 245's and it rubs a little when I hit dips) and then keep the 245's and 275's as extras for the Supra. I'll keep the fronts as spares (since they will clear the front brakes and my actual spare wheel won't) and will probably sell the rears (let me know if you know anyone who is interested). If nobody on club202 wants the rear as-is (there is some curb rash), I'll probably get the whole set fully re-conditioned and then mirror-polish the lip (instead of the less-glossy machine-polish they come with).

Originally posted by NEA-4311
Nice wheels dude... I wish you could find some genuine BRABUS like the ones you have on your rear seat but those look very nice as well. The dinstance between the front tyre and fender are sooo small, how can you cope with that???

Thanks! Yeah -- actually I'm glad to be out of the Brabus wheels because here in LA everybody and their mom has those wheels, though ironically they are typically more fake looking (chrome, wrong center cap, funky size, etc) and are on more expensive Mercedes (S, CLS..). I've even seen knockoffs on everything from Bimmers and Audis to Nissan Altimas and Honda Accords. Even if I got a real set, nobody would believe me, ha.

-Ray