PDA

View Full Version : Speedybenz camber arms

dshenberger
04-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Is Speedybenz still selling them? The purchase link on his site isn't working.

Also, I never see anyone talking about doing alignment themselves. What does an alignment entail?

04-10-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah I am also interested, juz curious can speedybenz camber arm do more negative camber, rather than making less negative.
I need massive camber to make wide rims fit. AnyOne? :)

04-10-2008, 06:03 PM
has any anyone done it yet?? (massive camber) thnks

omegabenz
04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 515
yeah I am also interested, juz curious can speedybenz camber arm do more negative camber, rather than making less negative.

I think you have that confused. Speedybenz camber arms push the top of the tire out toward the fender, thus eliminating some excessive negative camber.

if you have really wide wheels, you should try another approach by bringing the bottom of the tire in such as the kmac (www.k-mac.com.au) or RDM TEK (www.rdmtek.com) kits.

Originally posted by dshenberger
Is Speedybenz still selling them? The purchase link on his site isn't working.

Also, I never see anyone talking about doing alignment themselves. What does an alignment entail?

Some special tools are required to set the toe-in on the front, you may want to have your indy or dealer just do it for you. A super serious DIYer could do it if they know what they are doing.

google search: smart camber, then look at their systems.

Lensolo
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I believe he wants MORE negative camber which Speedybenz arms and mine will allow. Great for track and for fitting wide rims, but definitely bad for tires!

omegabenz
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Lensolo
I believe he wants MORE negative camber which Speedybenz arms and mine will allow. Great for track and for fitting wide rims, but definitely bad for tires!

wow, more than -4 degrees will shred tires between oil changes! But to each their own right! =)

Originally posted by 515

I hope you have a big tire budget!

I think the speedybenz/lensolo/etc. arms have some movement towards collapsing the arm, so yes, that would increase your negative camber if you so desier. Most people choose to telescope the arm outwards to correct excessive negative camber.

speedybenz
04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes, I still make the camber arms, check out my site at
www.speedybenz.com.

And yes you can use the camber arms to move the tire and rim in to create more negative camber or move the tire out for less negative camber.

I have sets available to ship this coming Monday if you want some now.

Jeff

omegabenz
04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz And yes you can use the camber arms to move the tire and rim in to create more negative camber or move the tire out for less negative camber.

Jeff, I'm just as curious as much as 515, from the stock camber strut length, how much extra can your camber arms be adjusted( in millimeters)? How much extra negative camber can that achieve (in degrees)?

speedybenz
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
omegabenz,

The camber arms can be made so, I guess you could move the tire in far enough to rub on the inner tire well. 10mm to 15mm could be done pretty easily.

But as you move the tire inward to increase the negative camber the suspension movement will also result in an increase of Toe-In. I have not run into a case yet where the Toe-In could not be set back to within stock MB spec's.

And moving the top of the tire out will result in an increase of Toe-Out. Toe-Out will cause your car car to be unstable and wander around and be more prone to following ruts in the pavement to the point where you feel you don't have real good control.

The main thing to remember is to get your cars rear suspension aligned after you install my camber arm kit to re-set the rear toe so that you have the correct Toe-In, per MB spec's.

Jeff