PDA

View Full Version : cd deck

harryt
04-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey guys.. I got a small issue.

The guy that had the 202 before me, basically spliced the wires and connected a cd deck.. I have a newer one I got from a friend, however I suppose since he crimped/spliced the wires.. I'd have to cut it all

eg. make it shorter?

I don't have the stock MB hardness either.. so would it be better to get a MB stock hardness and a VW/Audi so I can connect it to my new deck?

The 202 used to have a cassette deck I believe..

Logic
04-11-2008, 04:08 PM
you dont really need to add a male connector back on the harness
unless you plan on putting a factory deck in. in most cases you can google your car wiring and get exactly what you are looking for as far as speakers and power just hard wire the new deck in there . should be pretty simple to do

harryt
04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
The only thing about hardwiring is cutting the wires..

it's been hardwired already.. and it was crimp jointed.. so I if I do add this deck.. I doubt I can uncrimp and would need to cut the wire..

The only problem I see is for the future.. if another deck went in.. then once again.. having to hardwire it.. hence wires become even shorter...

Logic
04-11-2008, 06:01 PM
since i do this for a living i wouldn't worry about the shortness getting shorter. if you want buy a male version of the harness they can be found any where. if all in all you can always add to the lenghs of wire to make them long again. the harness you need is a 71-1784 and the female harness is 70-1784 and are metra pieces .