PDA

View Full Version : Fixing camber time

Markland556
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Well iv decided that i really want to fix my car up. There are many things to do but i would really like to get my camber corrected. I havent gotten it aligned yet because i dont want to have to go twice. But what do i need to get to adjust the camber for the front and rear?
I have emailed speedybenz, no response yet. But as for the front iv heard k-mac?

omegabenz
04-17-2008, 11:13 PM
You can probably get your front into reasonable limits. The rear you need a camber kit if you have noticable rear camber. Kmac is ok, but makes noise and hard to install. The RDM TEK kit (www.rdmtek.com) is much easier to install than the kmac kit. The RDMTEK kit already has the factory rear LCA bushing installed. Ive got it on my w124s.

Markland556
04-17-2008, 11:52 PM
is there a way to easily measure how much of a shorter arm i would need?

omegabenz
04-18-2008, 08:00 AM
You need a 2 foot level and a ruler, so that you can calculate your camber angle. Or you can get an alignment and know your negative camber in the rear.

speedybenz
04-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Markland556,

You can go to my website at www.speedybenz.com and look over the camber arms and I will get to your email also.

I have a couple sets ready to ship, so just let me know.

Jeff

kappa_ho
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
does anyone know a shop where i can go to get speedybenz camber kit installed? i don't have a jack or lift so i need to get it done at a shop. i live in orange county but i'm willing to drive out.

ryhi
04-30-2008, 11:09 PM
theres an alignment shop close by (SGV area) that are reputable for getting arms bent to correct camber. they charge $150 to correct the front camber to whatever degree you desire. alignment is included with the price. i forgot the name but ill ask my friend for more info if any of you are interested.

kappa_ho
05-01-2008, 07:18 AM
yes i am. can you really fix the camber without a camber kit?