PDA

View Full Version : Caliper froze?

Cru328prod
04-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Caliper froze? Ok honestly....i'm about done with the w202s....repairs and parts cost are way to high

Well i was driving in Omish town PA....i got up 1 hill......i tapped the breaks lightly...it pushed all the way down......i was freaking out.........tapped it again it slowed me down.........i pulled over..all you heard was the brakes squilling badddd......its the rear passenger side...to me it looks like the caliper is grinding on the rotor.......very werid...its too late to take the car apart. Anyone got ideas?

RemoLexi
04-16-2008, 08:15 PM
maybe you have a worn out rear pads that are grinding the rotor now and for some reason you lost brake pressure ... dont worry Cru, I had a crazy experiance of that nature this week, I was test driving an ML when the drivers side front brake caliper FELL OFF and was grinding the rim. sure wasnt a good prank.

Proven Guilty
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
probably e-brake hardware if it's on the rear passenger side. if the springs let go, the caliper can jam and cause heat fade.

Cru328prod
04-17-2008, 03:43 AM
looks like the caliper is grinding on the rotor..........i'm going to take the tire off in a few and take some pics

Cru328prod
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
well......i looked...it looked like the pin either broke off or came loose, and the brake pads fell off.....now its caliper piston to rotor.....