PDA

View Full Version : Check my new AMG brakes...

Powerslave
04-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Hello hello my friends!

Well it's been a long time since I last posted you updates of my ride, and this week was full of it...

C32AMG w203 complete set of front brakes:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/34/caliperfrontxf7.jpg

As you can see, the calipers are made by BREMBO
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2410/caliperbackre6.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3301/frontbrakesonsetupeb7.jpg

See here the rotors' difference
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8630/brakerotorsdifferenceik3.jpg

Given the opportunity, I replaced the rear rotors as well
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7106/rearrotorsafterlh6.jpg

So here are the results... (PS pics were taken after installation... so that's why the car's dirty as hell)

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8181/carwithbrakesih9.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/888/wheelwithbrakesga4.jpg

I hope you like them...

Cheerzzz

OCKlasse
04-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks great! My CLK550 front and rear brakes (essentially the same as yours, larger in the rear), will be going on next week hopefully! :D

How's the difference with braking?

NEA-4311
04-19-2008, 02:44 AM
I need a drink... :nerves: ...wow! Brand new??? It looks amAAAzing! Well done well done well done!

Nelson Lago
04-19-2008, 07:45 AM
wow those c32 wheels look good on a 202

predrag1
04-19-2008, 10:31 AM
$?

dokotela
04-20-2008, 06:46 AM
was it simple bolt on or did u do any modifications to fit it?

NEA-4311
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
He didnt mention anything about the installation process but I think it definitely needs some modifications since the rotor is larger. Im not sure though.

OCKlasse
04-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
Well as far as he told me, they costed him 1100 euros but he got a group buy discount. Normally they were at 1800 euros. You do the math.

Now he didnt mention anything about the installation process but I think it definitely needs some modifications since the rotor is larger.

Nope. Simple bolt in.

dokotela
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
Nope. Simple bolt in.

thx ock
gona stop by the local dealer 2morow n see what i can lay my hands on.;)

jnolte
04-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I have the same brakes, they work great

nikrox
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
anyone have part numbers and/or price for a complete set.front and rear?

and do the drilled rotors come with the c32 amg brakes?or do you have to buy those seperately, as an aftermarket item?

do you have to get new brake lines, and esp/abs control unit/regulator?

will they fit a c43 without modifications?and are there any other options as far as amg goes, for even bigger brakes and calipers, or are the c32 ones the best, thatll fit?can you get different colors for the calipers?

lots of questions.thanks for any input

_n.

OCKlasse
05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by nikrox
anyone have part numbers and/or price for a complete set.front and rear?

and do the drilled rotors come with the c32 amg brakes?or do you have to buy those seperately, as an aftermarket item?

will they fit a c43 without modifications?and are there any other options as far as amg goes, for even bigger brakes and calipers, or are the c32 ones the best, thatll fit?can you get different colors for the calipers?

lots of questions.thanks for any input

_n.

They bolt right up. Period. They come with the drilled rotors. You can repaint them yourself any color. They are in the area of $800-900 dealer cost. The only thing prohibiting them from fitting would be your wheel size/offset.

nikrox
05-12-2008, 06:06 PM

so in other words, bigger wheels, and smaller tires?what sizes would work?

also, anyone have part numbers, or should i just ask the dealer for a complete set?

_n.

OCKlasse
05-12-2008, 06:54 PM

so in other words, bigger wheels, and smaller tires?what sizes would work?

also, anyone have part numbers, or should i just ask the dealer for a complete set?

_n.

Search on this board C32 brakes and Nokia has a post with all of the part numbers. No need for longer lines or anything else. You'll need at least a 17" wheel or larger.

Nelson Lago
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
wow no moding needed nice.

MBHustla858
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
sure beats having to pay 280 a rotor...... for C43

omegabenz
05-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Nope. Simple bolt in.

Must the dust sheild be cut or massaged?

I know a lot of people try to put C32 brakes on the w124 chassis with really mixed or butchered results. It's nice that a late model upgrade can be put on something without any problems.

OCKlasse
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by omegabenz
Must the dust sheild be cut or massaged?

I know a lot of people try to put C32 brakes on the w124 chassis with really mixed or butchered results. It's nice that a late model upgrade can be put on something without any problems.

Only on the rear (for C32 brakes) the dust shield needs to be cut and longer caliper mounting bolts need to be purchased (for my C230 anyway). The fronts bolt up 100%.

omegabenz
05-16-2008, 08:59 AM
The fronts bolt up 100%.

This was all I needed to know, kind regards!

OCKlasse
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by omegabenz
This was all I needed to know, kind regards!

:bunny:

nikrox
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
and the esp/abs control unit/regulator will work just fine, or is it better to upgrade to the c32 regulator?

_n.

OCKlasse
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
and the esp/abs control unit/regulator will work just fine, or is it better to upgrade to the c32 regulator?

_n.

Works fine...

Nelson Lago
05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Where did you get the bolts for the rear

OCKlasse
05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
Where did you get the bolts for the rear

Lowe's :D Standard 10mm if I recall

Nelson Lago
05-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Okay thanks

nikrox
05-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Works fine...

thanks

_n.

yusuke280
05-20-2008, 12:32 AM
i'm curious, how does these 4-pot feel on the 202's?

does it eliminate stepping hard to get the brakes on, or does it allow you to feather the brake and the brakes will kick in immediately?

Logic
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
can you gives us part numbers for these brakes and everything needed for this....thanks i m thinking of adding these to my car.

OCKlasse
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Nokia posted all of the part numbers some years ago. Search.

Logic
04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
i know this trend is old but i searched the parts and found them ... my question is and i know i sound stupid but can i get a exact part number with how many i need for the both sides and also i hear the brake cables are longer.. can i get a part number for this.... so from what i read there direct bolt on but the left one gets put on the right and visa versa?
to make it clear for me can i have a list be done for me so i m not confussed from all the thrends i have read. i really appreicate it.
last but not least since i m not really not mechanical myself will mercedes do this knowing they go on the opposite side?
p. s. will the lugs i currently use on my after market wheels be the same on the newer disc meaning i use the same for these ?

crazy00c230k
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
they literally bolt right on so as far as a list goes:

one front caliper (L)
one front caliper (R)
one front rotor (L)
one front rotor (R)
two sets of front pads
a pair of pad wear sensors (i put them on the inside pad where my stock ones usually went, but i don't think it really matters)

the people who needed longer lines had them custom made because they were worried about the caliper orientation (i.e they ran the left caliper on the right side and vice versa), however I have run these brakes on my car for a few years now with the "incorrect" orientation and nothing has gone wrong (as has brandon aka OCKlasse), i've had even pad wear, and they sure as hell work better than the stockies. As far as your other questions, nothing else changes (with the exception of clearance b/w the caliper and your wheel, but its just because its a much larger caliper, the offset of the whole assembly remains the same as stock). So just search for the old thread with all the PNs listed and find the ones for the items listed above, u should be good to go.

OCKlasse
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by crazy00c230k
they literally bolt right on so as far as a list goes:

one front caliper (L)
one front caliper (R)
one front rotor (L)
one front rotor (R)
two sets of front pads
a pair of pad wear sensors (i put them on the inside pad where my stock ones usually went, but i don't think it really matters)

the people who needed longer lines had them custom made because they were worried about the caliper orientation (i.e they ran the left caliper on the right side and vice versa), however I have run these brakes on my car for a few years now with the "incorrect" orientation and nothing has gone wrong (as has brandon aka OCKlasse), i've had even pad wear, and they sure as hell work better than the stockies. As far as your other questions, nothing else changes (with the exception of clearance b/w the caliper and your wheel, but its just because its a much larger caliper, the offset of the whole assembly remains the same as stock). So just search for the old thread with all the PNs listed and find the ones for the items listed above, u should be good to go.

I love mine. I am getting a crazy amount of use on them with very little wear! Over ~26,000 miles and only the most minuscule lip on my rotors :D