PDA

View Full Version : Noob

202rules
09-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone,

my name is Hamzeh and I'm a new user here. I have a 95 Black C280, and I stay here in Colorado (yes, I have to hibernate during the winter to avoid the road problems :P just kidding). I love this car and I've had it since spring of 2000, I had problems with it, but no matter what people say it'll always be the best car for me.

Anyway, I came across this great site when I was looking for info on how to wire blinking mirrors, but now after I read the article in the Featured Stories section, I want the folding mirrors :D.

I haven't upgraded anything on my car YET, and this is a list of the things I wanna get on it, so you're gonna see more posts from me in the future:

1- Smoked european headlights with smoked corner lights(Anyone tried these? They looked cool and different from the clear ones, they're the first thing I'm gonna get so plz let me know if you had experience with them)
2- Rear smoked tail lights.
3- AMG body kit.
4- The folding mirrors :D
5- Lowering springs.
6- AMG Monoblock II 18" wheels, probably the last thing.

I can't pay for all this stuff right now, so it's gonna take time. After that, I will start considering tuning stuff, and enhancing the suspension.

Anway, it's great to be part of this group, I hope to make good friends here and get some good tips from the experienced.

Thanks,

Hamzeh

202 ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ

C:\Documents and Settings\Hamzeh\My Documents\My Pictures\b8_1.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Hamzeh\My Documents\My Pictures\9a_1.jpg

202rules
09-22-2003, 09:00 PM
I see the IMG thing didn't work, I guess I don't know how to use it yet. stupid stupiddddd :angry:

FreeStyler
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Welcome to tha club mayn!

c230kompresssed
09-22-2003, 09:35 PM
sup! You got good plans for your baby. enjoy

jnolte
09-22-2003, 09:45 PM
WELCOME!!!

This is a great club. Good people, honest advice.

Regards

J nolte

00kompressor
09-22-2003, 11:05 PM
I did the bckyard version of the smoke headlight got the smoke corners off ebay for like 30 bux.
will post pics soon.

FreeStyler
09-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Please post pics because I want to get some smoked corners for the front and I want to see how it looks next to stock headlights...

Denlasoul
09-23-2003, 07:40 AM
When I get my Xenon's, my smoked lights (and clear corners) will be available. Not sure when, though. :(

Renn 208
09-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 202rules
I see the IMG thing didn't work, I guess I don't know how to use it yet. stupid stupiddddd :angry:

Welcome! And you won't be able to post pic directly from your hard drive. You'll need to host the pictures online somwhere, then place the URL in between the IMG tags.

CKlasse
09-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Welcome Hamzeh! We can use another Denverite on this site :)

202rules
09-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Welcome Hamzeh! We can use another Denverite on this site :)

Thanks man, I just moved to Boulder recently. And thanks to all of you for your warm welcome!

98_Benzo
09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks man, I just moved to Boulder recently. And thanks to all of you for your warm welcome!

Hey wait, you can't say that yet :( ......I didn't get to say "Welcome" before you posted that..:D :D

Spectre192
09-24-2003, 06:17 AM
About the smoked taillights, I just got a pair for my car two days ago. I put them on and they're damn nice, especially for your black car. I found mine on ebay for about 250 dollars. Basically they're black all around the corners and where the bulbs are it's see-through so it's all legal. Cops haven't given me any trouble so far and i've blown by a few in the last couple of days :). I'll post picks if someone shows me how. On another topic though i'm wondering about lowering my 95 C280 as well. What pad # would I need to lower it about 1.5 inches?

-Thanks

1SIKBNZ
09-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Pad? no no my friend... Pads are just for minimal tweaking. they do not go down in inches. For 1.5" drop you need to swap out your springs. Awhile back i picked up a set of VOGTLAND springs for my 99'c280 and they offer a 1.5"drop and it only ran me $150 bucks brand new.... the install is not extreme and can be done with minimal knowledge... I am very happy with the ride height and spring performance that i have recieved from these springs. Hope that helps a lil....

1SIKBNZ
09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Please post pics because I want to get some smoked corners for the front and I want to see how it looks next to stock headlights...

Thats what i have. I think down the road i want to get the smoked euro headlights as well but i orignally had the clear turn signals and they contrasted to much for my liking with the headlight. i really like how the smoked look though. maybe we could meet up in p-town and you could check it out see how you like it. i dunno if you still have my number. email or post if you need it. later man

-erik

FreeStyler
09-24-2003, 01:37 PM
You never gave me your number, so if you want you can give it to me through email if you dont want to post it here. I would like to meet up with you to see those corners! Where did you get them by the way?

eckofade72@comcast.net