PDA

View Full Version : 210 broken bits

ncd
05-09-2008, 01:51 AM
SOLVED.

Cru328prod
05-11-2008, 07:56 AM
dude try to get your fuel system flushed and cleaned out........Goto your nearest ford dealer and ask for "ford cetane booster" it boost up the cetane level in your diesel....Not alot of people know about that stuff man, but let me tell you it works wonders!...........even tho its a benz, ford knows it shit when it comes to diesels. <---that and the GT40 is the only props i give to ford. Now remember that whole bottle.....will last you a while! so don't go dumping the whole bottle.

as for acceleration.....adjust your throttle linkage

for everything else.....i don't understand.

ncd
05-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
dude try to get your fuel system flushed and cleaned out........Goto your nearest ford dealer and ask for "ford cetane booster" it boost up the cetane level in your diesel....Not alot of people know about that stuff man, but let me tell you it works wonders!...........even tho its a benz, ford knows it shit when it comes to diesels. <---that and the GT40 is the only props i give to ford. Now remember that whole bottle.....will last you a while! so don't go dumping the whole bottle.

as for acceleration.....adjust your throttle linkage

for everything else.....i don't understand.
Well I should of not been so mad before trying to ask for help..

but there you go hey :D life on the roads ... one minute its like tetris the next its like tron and you never know which one your going to get.

I get the ECS warning preceding a whoper of turbo lag (when trying to kick down) my mechanic believes to be a relay and would like to extract £250 + labour for.. so I would like to know where this baby is now as with the break switch I bet thats just a shabby wire very precisely affixed and designed to extract £250 in less then 100K miles :D

Man its funny you say about the octane booster ... because I ran it on Shell "Diesel extra" this stuff genuinely makes her run better for longer.. and I realised I had been using the same old petrol/gas station for the last 5 or more times I fueled... and with that stuff she sound clattery, Loud, and was chewing that stuff at a furosious rate.. with slight dip in overall power and smoothness. So I think there diesel is what caused my perceived problem ... unreal huh

So I will ask the local ford parts place for the stuff you mention now to keep her chuntering away like a happy diesel.. heh the honda advert springs to mind hahaha

ncd
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
"Redex Cetane Boost 0-60 Diesel 500ml" quite expensive @ 9.99 and it claims to boost in +2 increments ... that as good??

Cru328prod
05-14-2008, 09:11 AM
nah dude get the shit from ford....when i was working for them, they showed us what that shit does..and like i said it works niceeeeeeeee