PDA

View Full Version : a/c clutch not working???

alfee
05-21-2008, 07:36 AM
If anyone can help that'd be great.
So my a/c doesn't blow cold anymore, i took it in to get serviced and the problem was diagnosed as "the a/c clutch" isn't kicking in until around 3,000 rpm. If I reach 3,000rpm then the a/c will blow cold. Why isn't the clutch engaging until higher rpms??? I was advised to get a new a/c clutch for about $200 and labor for another $175.... my question is... should i just get a used a/c compressor in whole? or just replace to a new a/c clutch? or is there anything else i should look for that maybe a simpler cheaper fix???
Has anyone had the same problems? any advice is appreciated. thanks.

RemoLexi
05-21-2008, 07:11 PM
thats strange ... what shop did the diag ?

what model is your 202?

I would try to re-charge the system and make sure there isnt any leak. then clear any codes stored. if the pressure sensor is getting less then 11bar it wont let the AC clutch turn on. the system must be 11-13bar.

alfee
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
it is a 94 w202 c280.....yeah i don't know.. it was just a mechanic shop in fresno that does euro cars.
they checked for a/c and it was full...so they flushed it out and recharged...same thing. then diagnosed it and came up with those codes...called for referrence and then came back told me it was the clutch....
wheres the pressure sensor?

RemoLexi
05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
okay ... there is actually a few sensors .. 3 I believe in the cabin of the car, and i think yours would be by the A/C dryer.

altough it would make sense if your clutch was worn ... :confused:

EDIT: I will confirm this tomarrow for you. need to speak with a tech who has more experiance then me.

alfee
05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
ok great...thanks for helping... do you have a shop in sac?
i'm in sac a lot too.

RemoLexi
05-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership.

sounds like its a faulty sensor.

alfee
05-23-2008, 01:04 AM
do u know what sensor exactly?? its location?
color wires etc...... i don't know what to look for....new at mercedes ;)

RemoLexi
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
that would be a job for the SDS to find. its got plenty of sensors I remember when I had trouble with my AC.