PDA

View Full Version : How tough is it do do subframe mounts?

alpine951
05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
My wifes car has been banging in the rear for the past two years. I think it may be the subframe mounts. Car has 119K on it. Its a 98. Are these a pita to get out?

John

omeyhomey
05-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by alpine951
My wifes car has been banging in the rear for the past two years. I think it may be the subframe mounts. Car has 119K on it. Its a 98. Are these a pita to get out?

John

yes you have to take out the rear subframe, which basically means most of the rear end components.

However, this may be a good time to do other mods right now since everything will be apart anyways. just a thought :)

jnenad16
05-26-2008, 01:37 AM
I highly doubt that subframe mounts are gone, they usually last a long, long time. I would inspect the control and trailing arm bushings as those wear out well before 100k miles. also, when was the last time you replaced the shocks?

nenad

omeyhomey
05-26-2008, 04:32 PM
very true,

but honestly if you are already in there migth as well redo everything. Thats what I did on my M3 racer, and it was the best decision I ever made, put poly bushings throughout the car, it was a whole new car after that. Spend alittle bit more now, you'll save alot in the long run