PDA

View Full Version : Stock Tire Issue

Nitrous911
05-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Hello,

I am trying to change my wheels back to stock and I am having a problem fo some reason. It seems that I can not align the stock wheel to the stock rotor Has anyone experienced this before? Any tips/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to figure out why the rim and rotor will not line up so that I can screw in the lug nuts. Thanks in advance for your wisdom. Car is a 2000 C280

xvvvz
05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Are you using the handy little tapered aluminum tube with threads on one end that if found in your tool kit? You screw that into the rotor at an empty bolt hole and then slide the wheel on using the tube as a guide. Your empty holes should align things exactly and allow you to put the bolts on perfectly. Then you unscrew the tube and put your last bolt into place.

jnolte
05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
spin the hub so its lined up with the bolt holes

Nitrous911
05-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by xvvvz
Are you using the handy little tapered aluminum tube with threads on one end that if found in your tool kit? You screw that into the rotor at an empty bolt hole and then slide the wheel on using the tube as a guide. Your empty holes should align things exactly and allow you to put the bolts on perfectly. Then you unscrew the tube and put your last bolt into place.

Thank you for the reply, I will try this when I get home tonight. Do happen to have a picture of what this tool looks like?

xvvvz
05-28-2008, 08:27 AM
No, but it is the only thing like it in your tire tool kit.

You might search the archives here though.

griplimited
06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
If you had aftermarket wheels prior, check if you may have a hub ring sitting on the hub still. Might be stuck on there and rusted up a bit so it looks disguised. Nothing a hammer and screwdriver can't solve if thats the case.