PDA

View Full Version : Soundstage in the 202

benzonline
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Recently I went in a friend's 96 C280 that had Bose...sounded good but I noticed while sitting in the front, that I heard the sound coming a tab bit more from the rear. I checked the fader and it was central (0)....while in my 99 with Bose, I hear the music coming from the front and not much from the back doors unless im sitting back there.

Is there something wrong with mine or where is the sound supposed to be "staged" correctly in these cars?

Logic
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
since they are both bose systems doesn't mean they will play the same. there might be minor differences in speakers or the deck you have. just use the fader to correct it and all will be good.

in my eyes the sound should be in the front . your sound stage is there and the rear is just rear fill.

benzonline
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I fiddled with the fader on mine and ya its true about the different decks but me thinking since the Bose does everything the deck makes no difference. Mine is the Audio 10 but even the stock deck of 99 did the same soundstage.

I faded it to the rear 3 notches and i like the sound better as its all around but then i lose some clarity and volume as it has to now pump more.

expo5.0
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
should be out on the hood