View Full Version : Brakes??

mike mac
06-03-2008, 12:09 AM
so instead of buying BREMBO or so mhing expensive, i just want to do a simple and significantly cheaper than brembo prices upgrade. i was thinking buy a set of calipers on ebay,but i dont know which ones. im thinking AMG, but from which model.
also i was thinking stoping power from a E420 or S 500 and up would do....but my main concern is wil ihave to change my wheels and if i do, then i would i have to buy E or S class spec wheels to fit the calipers?

im also worried about the tire rubbing when i change the wheels... i now for a fact S class wheel measurements are way diff than a C class. it sounds like a mess, but i hope it isnt that hard to find the right wheel offset at that point.

also can i use the current front calipers and rotors in the rear. has anybody tried or even thought about this?
the holes for calipers may line up but IDK

yusuke280
06-03-2008, 01:08 AM
if you really wanted to increase your braking power, consider having better tires.

if your tires dont grip, no matter how soft or hard your brakes are, it'll end up locking or losing grip.

IMO, either go a full aftermarket 4-pot brakes, or just go with the general disk/pads and brake lines upgrade.

OCKlasse
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
S500s (from a W220 anyway) use the widely common Brembo four piston caliper found on many other MB models (C32, E500, etc.). You will need at least 17s, and some C32 wheels would be your best bet if you're looking for something to fit staying OEM.

06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
S500s (from a W220 anyway) use the widely common Brembo four piston caliper found on many other MB models (C32, E500, etc.). You will need at least 17s, and some C32 wheels would be your best bet if you're looking for something to fit staying OEM.

hey OCKalsse how much would c32 brake kit prob cost??
I asked the brembos GT, they offer me 6 pistons, but it's tooo pricey..
which brake kit do you use again, is it from the clk55??