PDA

View Full Version : dealer specific codes

predrag1
07-05-2008, 11:27 AM
so I went to aamco today to have them scan my check engine light since they do it for free for a limited time

anyway they checked it but they couldnt get in coz it kept giving them the "dealer specific codes" message

is this something new or has it always been like this?

audiophile
07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
thery're trying to charge you thats all

xvvvz
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
If it is a transmission-specific code that is outside of the OBD II chart, it could be true. A SnapOn MTS reader with the right module or a Carsoft + multiplexer might be able to tell you about the code if you know anyone who has those. Otherwise, it might be time to pony up for an MB SDS scan.

audiophile
07-06-2008, 09:02 PM
like xvvvz said, u might have to go to the dealer.
i misread the message:confused:

RemoLexi
07-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I doubt aamco has proper euro software to diag even a 95' 202. I actually JUST saw their commercial yesterday and ROLF'd

ive got a MacMentor scanner ... Ive used it quite often on Jap cars and alot of benzes when I didnt have time to roll them to work to plug the SDS. gimme a call. :)

chriswm
07-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Take the car to Schuck's or AutoZone, and they'll scan it for free. The scanners that they use will show the dealer specific code numbers. E.g., a P1700 would be transmission related.

Anyway, write down the codes, then come back here and post them, and we'll put our heads together to let you know what they mean.