PDA

View Full Version : w210 wheel question

zionamore
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I have been searching for a while but wanted a direct answer to this one. I am looking at this set:
w210 amg aero II monoblocks
front 8jX18h2 et31
rear 9jx18h2 et et 35
bolt 5x 112

tires front 255/40/zr18
rear- 285/35/zr18
michelin pilot sports

will these fit on a stock 2000 c230
Should i order spacers what suspension do you suggest
thanks guys!
harris

allirroz
07-07-2008, 11:45 AM
It will fit and this is the set you want. The tires are to big though,
proper ones for our cars would be 225/40/18 and 255/35/18.

But tires are easy to replace, finding the the proper Amg Mono II set is getting harder to find. Grab it if they're clean.

zionamore
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
I am going to pick up the wheels tomorrow.
Any suggestions on the suspension setup that would work best for these rims? I do not know that much about camber and so forth.. will spacers be needed?
Cheers
Harris

allirroz
07-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by zionamore
Any suggestions on the suspension setup that would work best for these rims? ?
Cheers
Harris

There a lot of combinations/makes to choose from and has been discussed extensively on this board- Search....

But if you were to ask me I'd go German - proven and tested Bilstein sports and H&R springs . You will not be dissapointed with this setup.

zionamore
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Update! I picked up the wheels today they look to be in good shape. I am still searching through the threads trying to find more information but ive gone back a year and nothing to relevant has been found. So any advice in this thread would help out a lot!
I also picked up a set of h&r springs on ebay. I will be waiting on the shocks until another date.

My question still is what tires company would you suggest. Also I still havnt found the information I need to make a good choice as to go with spaces or not and what size. Also if I should buy longer wheel bolts as well. I would like to do this as proper as possible the first time!

Thanks for you help a! Im glad I picked up the wheels. After I get a little more info on the rest of this information we will start getting it together.
cheers
harris

taimyshukah
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Check out tirerack.com and read on the different reviews for different brand tires. As for bolts, i think you are going to need long bolts. If you're mouting and balancing the tires at a shop, im pretty sure they'll install them onto your car too. If its a decent shop, they'll know what size u need. Just be careful tho cuz if bolts are too long, you'll end up hitting the brake disc. Too short, and your wheel can come flying off your car.

allirroz
07-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Spacers are not needed unless you want a real flushed look , then probably 10 mm on the rears would do the trick using the recommended 255/35 . I dont think you would need any(spacers) for the fronts. You'll know what I'm talking about when you have them on already.
Springs pads is something you may want to look into .
As far as Bolts I have a 99 model and had no problem using my old bolts. If you add spacers then you most likely will need longer bolts.