PDA

View Full Version : Abs Bas Part 2

dantedawg
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
so its been ages since my last post here. unfortunately, ill be posting the same problem as last time. it's giving me a headache already. i need feedbacks please. i have a 98 c230 with 83000. for almost a year ive been ignoring the BAS/ABS light the comes on mostly after you exit from the highway. the car runs on a limp mode when its on. i get the same codes over and over , something like speed sensor mulfunction, etc. we even changed the brake light switch which sometimes is the only problem, but it didnt solve the problem. luckily i have a scanner and i can easily reset it. however, lately it's becoming frequent and ive decided to bring it back to my mechanic. my mechanic said the ABS/BAS module is not functioning or responding so we decided to change it but that didnt solve the problem as well.. any inputs guys?? do u think the speed sensor is really the problem here? i also noticed that this happens when the engine's been running for awhile or after it warms up. any thoughts suggestions please. thanks!

Logic
07-12-2008, 08:41 AM
like most people with problems like yours , take it to mercedes and have them check it out. i know it cost more but from i have read you replaced alot of parts already and the problem still exists. who is to say if you did take it to mercedes they would have found the issue and would have cost less then replacing parts that didn't need to be replace. if your getting off the highway your at higher speeds then slow down to get off and the light goes on. could be a speed sensor since it detect speed and your going from fast to slow and it turns on

dantedawg
07-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Logic
like most people with problems like yours , take it to mercedes and have them check it out. i know it cost more but from i have read you replaced alot of parts already and the problem still exists. who is to say if you did take it to mercedes they would have found the issue and would have cost less then replacing parts that didn't need to be replace. if your getting off the highway your at higher speeds then slow down to get off and the light goes on. could be a speed sensor since it detect speed and your going from fast to slow and it turns on

thanks for your input. i think ill give it and change the speed sensors. codes are p0720 and p0500. output speed sensor and vehicle speed sensor. going to the dealership is a good idea!

Proven Guilty
07-12-2008, 11:58 AM
not sure on terminology, or if they're the speed sensors, but the ABS sensors that clip into the brake pads also affect the BAS/ABS system, as well as the sensor on the rear axle. the sensors in the brake pads are like $2 each, one sensor per wheel

Logic
07-12-2008, 12:03 PM
just curious what scanner do you have and how much was it?

dantedawg
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
just curious what scanner do you have and how much was it?

not hundred percent but i think its the OBD II scanner . got it from amazon for 80 dollars. i think its a must have specially for european cars.

Benzalot
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
You can get an OBD II scanner from Autozone for about $40, comes with a CD that tells you what the codes mean or go here,

http://202tech.mkosonen.com/howto/enginecodes.html

then all you have to do is decifer the meaning and find the bad part:confused:

Cru328prod
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOO DUDE

ITS EITHER YOUR BRAKES ARE GOING

OR YOUR "BRAKE PEDAL SENSOR" NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED.......ITS SUPPPERDUPPER SIMPLE.......DROP THE KICK PANEL, YOKE IT OUT, THEN PULL ON THE WHITE PART, YOU'LL HEAR A FEW CLICKS........AND SLAP IT BACK IN.......BAMMMMMM;)

Logic
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by dantedawg
not hundred percent but i think its the OBD II scanner . got it from amazon for 80 dollars. i think its a must have specially for european cars.

a model number would be great. not all obd II have a reset to turn off check engine light etc etc button and i would want one that does. i dont think a 40 dollar one would have that ability.

dantedawg
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
LMFAOOOOOOOO DUDE

ITS EITHER YOUR BRAKES ARE GOING

OR YOUR "BRAKE PEDAL SENSOR" NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED.......ITS SUPPPERDUPPER SIMPLE.......DROP THE KICK PANEL, YOKE IT OUT, THEN PULL ON THE WHITE PART, YOU'LL HEAR A FEW CLICKS........AND SLAP IT BACK IN.......BAMMMMMM;)

Never heard of this one but I'll suggest this one to my mechanic! I hope its that simple ! Now I'm renting car coz I don't trust my car anymore! Thanks for your input!

Benzalot
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
a model number would be great. not all obd II have a reset to turn off check engine light etc etc button and i would want one that does. i dont think a 40 dollar one would have that ability.

Yes it does, has an erase function that "erases diagnostic trouble codes from vehicles computer modules"

It's by "actron" and it's the "OBD II PocketScan"

dantedawg
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Benzalot
Yes it does, has an erase function that "erases diagnostic trouble codes from vehicles computer modules"

It's by "actron" and it's the "OBD II PocketScan"

i can erase the codes with my obdII. i have the orange one.

Cru328prod
07-14-2008, 07:42 PM
eh let me correct my self, brake light pedal sensor!

normallly if you just pop that bitch offf, and pull out (BUT NOT POP OFF). you'll hear a few clicks, and that should reset it.

But those only if you don't have a brake pad sensor issue, meaning you need new brakes buddy!

But this also means Steering Angle Sensor too, which some people on here would seem to say.....there fix is turn it fully right then left then middle....

So, if i was you....i would try to right left trick, if that doesn't work, have your brakes checked out, and if thats not it....its the sensor

dantedawg
08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
ok so after a long wait. im still getting the same problem. this abs/bas thing is just getting in my nerves now. i found a new symptom though. i noticed that the abs/bas light comes on after like 30 mins of driving or when its warmed up already. at first i thought it only happens when i exit from driving in the highway..but now after about 30 to 45 mins of city driving the abs/bas light comes on.when the abs/bas light is on..the car is moving on a limp mode. is there any other possible solution to this..my last chance really is to bring the car to mercedes benz. thanks peeps !

Cru328prod
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I told yah it's 1 of 2 things. Brake pad sensor or brake light sensor