PDA

View Full Version : Cai & Ec Button On Dash

Logic
07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I have two questions or well the first one is more like a answer to some of you w202 kompressor owners. the first is i know in the past i have read where when people have a intake done on the kompressor especially you people in cali you need to put your factory air box in to pass emissions. well i had mine done to day and i m not sure if we are as strick as cali but mine pass with no issues whats so ever. when i was there the funny thing was when the tech opened my hood he was like calling his friends over and saying check it out. kinda made me feel kinda good knowing they liked it . the only thing that pissed me off is when he pulled it in he was reving it up to the point where the by pass opened and made it psssssst sound , not once but 5 times to where i had to stand up and look at him threw the window so he would chill. oh by the way put your factory wheels back on in the rear . i had to make a extra trip home because they wouldn't test it with my wheels on due to risk of damaging them. so basically my intake is emissions friendly .

2nd my question is about the ec button . i know when the light is on the a/c is off and when the light is out its on. the wierd thing is when the a/c is on , my car seems to be more peppy especially at a dead start. i know when the a/c on other cars is on it takes some power from the engine for it to work and makes the car a little slower . i dont know if any one else has noticed this but i m curious about that. anybody have a answer for that?

xvvvz
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
>>my car seems to be more peppy especially at a dead start.<<

When the air-co is on with most cars, it increases the idle a bit. That could make your car feel a bit better from a standing start? Revs will be up a bit already and once you start accelerating it will be a shorter time until you reach the rpm point when the supercharger gets kick on.

c280nz
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
ive heard that wide open throttle the ecu turns the a/c pump off,
but i dont know if thats true or not???

Logic
07-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by xvvvz
>>my car seems to be more peppy especially at a dead start.<<

When the air-co is on with most cars, it increases the idle a bit. That could make your car feel a bit better from a standing start? Revs will be up a bit already and once you start accelerating it will be a shorter time until you reach the rpm point when the supercharger gets kick on.

so basically if you wanna take off from a red light turn the a/c on LOL and then kick it off when your in third hehehehe might give us a edge on those slower audi a4 1.8 t or 2.0 t's :)

ludachris
07-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Logic
...when i was there the funny thing was when the tech opened my hood he was like calling his friends over and saying check it out. kinda made me feel kinda good knowing they liked it...oh by the way put your factory wheels back on in the rear . i had to make a extra trip home because they wouldn't test it with my wheels on due to risk of damaging them. so basically my intake is emissions friendly.

I live in washington and I have a C43 and I just recently had an emission inspection as well. Because our cars are OBD II they shouldn't need to pop the hood and there shouldn't be any risk of damaging your wheels because they don't need to run your car on the machine. All they do is scan your car through the OBD II port, print out the emission report and your done...unless of course you fail.

hvmercy
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ludachris
I live in washington and I have a C43 and I just recently had an emission inspection as well. Because our cars are OBD II they shouldn't need to pop the hood and there shouldn't be any risk of damaging your wheels because they don't need to run your car on the machine. All they do is scan your car through the OBD II port, print out the emission report and your done...unless of course you fail.

Lucky for you to be living in WA.

Unfortunately, in CA visual inspection is part of the inspection procedure and CAI is a no-no... :(

xvvvz
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I wonder if a relocated MAF would fail the California visual inspection (assuming one used the common black rubber couplings so things didn't stand out)?

chriswm
07-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I also live in WA (Seattle), and they're more strict about emissions in Seattle than in the rest of the state. Just had my emissions test yesterday and passed with flying colors. They just plugged a thing into my cigarrette lighter, and had me rev it up to 2500 RPMs for a minute, then let it idle at 700 RPMs for a minute, and then I was done. They also pressure tested the gas cap, but I can't imagine that those fail all that often.

ludachris
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by chriswm
I also live in WA (Seattle), and they're more strict about emissions in Seattle than in the rest of the state. Just had my emissions test yesterday and passed with flying colors. They just plugged a thing into my cigarrette lighter, and had me rev it up to 2500 RPMs for a minute, then let it idle at 700 RPMs for a minute, and then I was done. They also pressure tested the gas cap, but I can't imagine that those fail all that often.

oh yeah i forgot to mention the gas cap test although they didnt test mine last time...maybe they were just too lazy.

Logic
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
most emission places here in colorado they put your car on rollers plug you OBDII in and run it . they also do a visual imspection and gas cap test. they also have mirrors to look for cats also. as far as the CAI in cali why is it a no no. as far as mine the bypass valve is still connected as it would be if the factory box was there meaning it is attached to the intake pipe without any additonal filters. . unlike others who have kompressors they use a big and small air filter which i think makes it fail.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/my202intake001.jpg

Cru328prod
07-18-2008, 07:41 PM
lmfao why wouldn't that pass emissions....fawk....MY CAR PASSED EMISSIONS WITH NOS SILINODES POPING OUT OF THE DAM CAR LMFAO....my guy just slap the ob2 in, and called it a day. Every inspection place is different, some places love to f' you over so they can make some money off of you.

hmmm I know dead cold starts its pretty nice.....with you having the CAI on a dead cold start......is sounds amazing!

Whats EC btw? I don't have the sport verison:bored:

And Guesssss what you guys......BENZO IS AT THE EL SHOPO

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS AGAIN WHAT HAPPENED

fakjfalskdjfalsdkfjas transmission fuaking piece of shit....they make a bomb proof engine.....but fucking crapy ass transmission

i wanna strangle someone.....anyone wanna buy a 202, with a "brand new" reman transmission?

Logic
07-19-2008, 08:58 AM
i believe the ec button is where your dials are that control a/c heater and if you look between the dual climate dials there are three buttons. the bottom one says EC which all i think it is , is a economy or EC button. read the manual and it says pretty much what it does.

as far as your tranny man you have the worse luck, but then again you must be doing those power drops again hehehee

Cru328prod
07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
sun motors of mb refuses to touch the car. So the next dealer is 40miles. Thank god for AAA

Logic
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
sun motors of mb refuses to touch the car. So the next dealer is 40miles. Thank god for AAA

ok why are they refusing it? did you do something that makes them think if we touch this car there is to much liability?

Cru328prod
07-19-2008, 02:41 PM
my service advisor wanted to sell me only a reman from them not my source which was 1,638 dolllars cheaper, so the other dealership said they would do it